• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah SLC Airport to Park City

ATLSkier

Putting on skis
Skier
Looking at options to get from the airport to Park City next month. I've read online that Uber Ski may be cheaper than a shuttle. Looking for input on the best, cheapest transportation.

TonyPlush

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looking at options to get from the airport to Park City next month. I've read online that Uber Ski may be cheaper than a shuttle. Looking for input on the best, cheapest transportation.
Not sure exactly how it compares, but a local recommended I take Lyft XL. Was $53 each way.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The shuttles I saw are very expensive. Don’t know about UTA busses, if they go there

TS
ATLSkier

ATLSkier

Putting on skis
Skier
Yeah, the shuttle prices do seem expensive, which is why I was asking. TonyP, your experience with Lyft matches up with what I've heard about Uber (and I'm fine with using either). I think that's the way I'm going to go. Thanks!

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah, the shuttle prices do seem expensive, which is why I was asking. TonyP, your experience with Lyft matches up with what I've heard about Uber (and I'm fine with using either). I think that's the way I'm going to go. Thanks!

how many people?

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier

Best and cheapest option is almost always to rent a car. Plus, there's no substitute for the flexibility a car gives you.

TonyPlush

Out on the slopes
Skier
Best and cheapest option is almost always to rent a car. Plus, there's no substitute for the flexibility a car gives you.
Not always. In my case, two people shared a Lyft XL for $106 round trip over the course of 4 days. A rental would have been $200+, more likely $300 if we got something large enough to fit our skis. All just to sit collecting dust while we walked main street and skied in/out of our place.

Also, my understanding is some places in downtown Park City charge for vehicle parking, which can also tip the scales really quick.

TS
ATLSkier

ATLSkier

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm in the same boat as TonyP. Staying in town and will never be driving anywhere. Don't want to pay for the car to be parked. I might go to Deer Valley a day or two, but will just take the bus for that. We've got three going, and Uber or Lift are definitely looking like the most economical options.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I don’t know why you would want the car in Park City, the lifts go most places, anderen if you want to start at a different base, the busses are free.

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier
From past posts I've seen shuttles are usually per person and around $60 each way. And then you're tied to leaving on their schedules which sucks, especially if you want to ski on your flight day. I paid $200 for 4 days with a jeep wrangler a couple weeks back out of SLC which easily sat 3 plus gear.

My friend just recently took a shuttle to Copper Mountain with his 13yo son. His son sprained his ankle two days before the trip. Given everything was prepaid, they went anyways. I had suggested to take a day trip out to Glenwood Springs to go to the hot springs and see the drive through the canyon. Without a car it was a no go. Instead they hung around the condo for 3 days while the dad snuck in a few runs here and there.

Also, for the convenience of grabbing groceries or taking an emergency trip to the drug store, you can't beat having a car.

I guess if you were right in the downtown core of PC, it would be a pain to pay to park a car, but for a good majority of the lodging options in town, not everything is walking distance.

Sponsor

Staff online