• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

HeluvaSkier

Reality Check Writer
Pass Pulled
Alphabetically or chronologically?

Okay here goes... doing this from memory so it may be somewhat in chronological order:

Salomon X-Scream (broke my first pair but kept and skied the replacements for several seasons)
Rossi T-Power Viper S (broke my first pair but kept and skied the replacements for a season)
Elan SLX WC - three pairs
Elan GSX WC - broke my first pair, second pair, third pair and fourth pair... skied them a few seasons... ultimately they broke too
Nordica WC SLR - four pairs
Nordica WC GSR - two pairs
Hart Pulse/ Blossom Snoras - three pairs
Fischer WC GS 183 - two pairs
Fischer WC GS 188 - two pairs
Fischer WC SL 165 - six pairs, one broken
Head GTO - three pairs

I think that's most of them... I'll probably pick up a second Fischer Master GS at some point.

You can never be too well equipped.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not a well known ski, but, I am on my 2nd pair of Hart Pulse skis, 78 waist carving machines. First pair bought from Philpug who had worked for Hart briefly. were 178's were more ski than I needed, and, sold them to Helluva Skier, who wore them out. FTM had a pair of 170's and destroyed one ski. I think it was Bob Barnes, who was skiing the Pulse also, found him a matching ski. Somehow, Philpug linked FTM's desire to get a brand new pair of ski, and, my wish to get the Pulse in a 170, so a deal got done. The Pulse was made by Blossom in Italy, all who skied them gave them great reviews. It's funny riding chair lifts and have conversations about the good old days of Hart skis.
If I come across another pair, they are mine. Also, somewhat funny to me, is I am 190 lbs and love the 170 length. Almost all who post of correct lengths for a 78 waist for a bigger guy will go with at least 178. So, you can downsize. This will be my 4th season, they are still going strong.

Be careful what you ask for....thats all I can say at this point.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Rossignol 4sk think I pro formed a total of 6 pair, still have a mint pair of 203's

Olin RTS pro formed 2 pair the 205 was my alltime favorite non shaped ski, it was amazing with Look turntables!

K2 four had 3 pair all diff lengths still have 2 pair downstairs I think.....

Fischer RX8 owned 165 170 and still have a pair of 175's - all were dramatically different but excellent skis

I'm sure there are others I have forgotten about.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Only the repeats -

Skis
P9 RS - 2 pairs
P9 SL - 2 pairs
P10 SL - 2 pairs
Atomic M11 - 3 pairs
Volkl Mantra - 2 pairs (the new 2015 doesn't count)
Volkl Kendo - 3 pairs

Boots
Had one pair of Dachstein V5 - 5 left shell, 3 right shell, 2 sets of foam liners - technically still one pair.
San Marco TR2 - 2 pairs (Had the TR1 & TR3 also, but they didn't break)
Head - RD plug boots - 2 pairs
Head - Raptor 120 - 2 pairs
Fischer Vac 130 Pro - 3 pairs. Still on the 3rd pair.

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
Volkl Auras. I have an older pair, but then jumped at the chance to get the 2014 model last year since I wanted to get a pair before they went rockered.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Then only ski I replaced with the same was Rossi 4S, Love that ski,IMO best bump ski ever. Still have them in 203's
What bindings? :popcorn:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
2x Elan RC 05
4x Elan RC Kevlar PL
2x Elan SCX
2x Volkl P30RC
2x Blizzard Sigma RS
2x Atomic 9'16
2x Stockli Laser SC
3x Dynastar 4800
2x Atomic SX12
2x Dynamic i.Perform 1.2
2x Atomic RT10

4x Dolomite Rage Pro :eek::D

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Marker MRR
IMG_0360.JPG

Mine are the 203's, @FairToMiddlin has the reproduction 181's.

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
Rossi ST Comps. FIrst pair was the orange and black vintage, second pair was the grey/blue/red vintage.
Fischer Watea 94/96. Not sure if this counts...the 96 is the replacement for the 94.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rossi ST Comps. FIrst pair was the orange and black vintage, second pair was the grey/blue/red vintage.
i had the gray/red/bue ones, great ski. I still remember having one of my best runs ever on them.

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
i had the gray/red/bue ones, great ski. I still remember having one of my best runs ever on them.
Me too...but it didn't end well. It was the winter of 79-80 and thre was almost no natural snow in the northeast. We finally got a 12-incher and I went to Smuggler's Notch where I had a pass. Because there was no base, they didn't open Madonna so my brother and I hiked over from Sterling and skied Madonna Lift Line. Glorious powder turns until I hit that stump.

Sponsor

Staff online