• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Depending on wbere your going the Ethan Allen express can be a lot faster than the Vermonter.
Ethan Allen Express:
3060C8A6-A83A-4E17-B7A7-51A7B286FECA.jpeg

Vermonter:
6D393924-03BB-4C72-A520-BF2DDD061337.jpeg

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Resurrecting an old thread. Want to open up Utah via California Zephyr. But I have some questions. Ie where can I store the ski bag? Train would get in at 3 am Mountain. Are SLC services active then? Then what about getting to mountains. Seems like this is east with decent bus systems in place frankly. So do people boot up before getting on a bus?

guess I could always rent but that sucks.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
there's several options and it depends on the train car used, at least 4yrs back but I think little has changed.

First, I'd simply call and check out their website and view the specific cars used.

However, if things haven't changed, 4yrs ago:
  • Reserved Coach seat on lower level, if you can get a bulkhead rear wall seat, there's space behind the seats to stow em. If others are sitting there, you might still be able to stow em.
  • depending on car, as when I traveled, they had two types.
    • Luggage storage from outside where the porter loads or allows you to load bags into the storage area
    • Luggage storage on lower level when there isn't lower level coach, or only one side with coach. I could walk into the luggage area stow em yourself .. of course this may of changed.

In looking, it may of changed but my start and end locations were trainside checked and/or they were carried on and stowed in the self storage area (and once behind the lower level reserved seat which I ended up liking as it was a non pass through area).
oh, if traveling with two and affordable either on your budget or a special, the sleeper is a really a nice way to go.

James

Out There
Instructor
Amtrak to Newark Airport
Stops right at the Air Train, sort of. There are elevators!

306B59A2-143A-40C6-9B22-D4D5F73F3318.jpeg
Newark International Airport Stop

88EC0780-56D9-4841-86FD-2A1943CC2DB5.jpeg
On the Air Train. Free with Amtrak ticket.

Sponsor

Staff online