• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skis: Female Transitioning to Carving

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Masters racing/training occasionally attracts skiers on a daily lesson basis. One such student, an advanced and athletic woman, participated for several days on recreational skis and is looking to demo models that aren't full race bore but are a step or two below that and will facillitate improving carving skills. We're probably talking narrow here but not FIS narrow.

This really is for someone else, I'm not going Jenner.

Suggestions?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Of course it is for someone else. Head Supershapes, iSpeed, iMagnum and iRally are always safe bets. The upcoming Volkl Flair SC and Kastle MX74 are two more good choices. All of these are strong skis that any aggressive woman skier will enjoy.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Of course it is for someone else. Head Supershapes, iSpeed, iMagnum and iRally are always safe bets. The upcoming Volkl Flair SC and Kastle MX74 are two more good choices. All of these are strong skis that any aggressive woman skier will enjoy.
I was going to come in and suggest the Volkl Flair SC but its not available quite yet.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm keeping an eye on this, because I want to work on carving and need to hunt down a much narrower ski to do so.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like the Atomic Cloud 11 XT and Head Super Joy would be on the list.

I know they are on my wife's list to try for next season!

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great option if she can handle this ski in the 175cm.
I think she can she's tall, strong and athletic. I'll invite her to Pugski to view and participate in this thread.