• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Honestly, I worried about theft more when I lived in Michigan than I do at bigger resorts. I'm not saying that thieves aren't everywhere, but right or wrong that's my mindset.

now that I have Renouns... I'll be using my cable lock.. I put stickers on some of my skis that they'll stick too.. (have to see if they'll stick to the z-90's) I put my name on w/Markers. At big busy resorts I have split my skis/poles up w/whoever I'm skiing with too.
I am nopoleskier many days.. so that eliminates that theft.. If I use poles they are my hiking poles w/duct tape on them
Most lodges frown on equipment inside..
I will admit, I took out my cable lock after I got the Renouns.
Occasionally, when we take more than one set up on the hill to switch for testing we'll lock up one pair that'll be hanging out in the rack for a while.When we go to lunch, we rarely think of locking skis up.

LeLeedler

Racer at Heart
Skier
I have never had skis stolen in any of the resorts I have been at and I have never really taken measures. I primarily ski Aspen Snowmass, and rarely do you hear about skis being stolen. My best measure has been throwing my skis next to Kastle MX89s, which is one of the most popular and most expensive skis out here.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sometimes when I'm at Bromley I don't lock up my Rally's. However, depending on which skis I have I always lock them up. I skied my Stockli's this past weekend and you bet I lock those things up. I'm thinking about getting a ski key and using my cable lock if/when I need a backup. I generally don't trust people to not walk off with my skis so locking them while isn't a 100% guaranty against theft, it does make me feel better.