• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skin Glue globbed up on one skin only after summer storage

njdiver85

Booting up
Skier
I kept my Black Diamond Ascension skins attached to the cheater sheet and rolled up, stored in their bag, on a shelf in my basement closet. Temperatures around 70 degrees F, for the entire summer and fall. When I went to use them, I found the glue on one of the skins had balled up and was coming off of the skin and sticking to the ski. But the other one was in perfect condition. Could this be a defect or storage error?

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, to kill the crickets, I’ll offer my take based not on experience, but on reading trustworthy points from others:

-70F is a very warm for skin glue. Good thing is that in the basement it should never have gotten any higher, but still on the high side.
-Do your BD skins have the grid mesh skin savers? ”In recent studies performed by Pomoca, mesh skin savers can also be a no no. Counter to popular belief, the plastic mesh of skin savers can allow air to dry out or glob your glue when you are not using them.”*

*https://www.wildsnow.com/27086/climbing-skins-easy-tips/

Sponsor