• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skimo-/Climbing-style helmet with EN-1077 cert?

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
As my new employer requires coaches to wear helmets all the time, I'm looking into a skimo/climbing-style helmet, particularly for days when I'm working on the hill but not really skiing. My last employer had a less-formal policy and was fully onboard with my personal "if I'm carrying poles, I'll wear a helmet" policy, so while I have no problem wearing a helmet while actually skiing, I'm not psyched to have to wear one while setting and such.

I need the helmet to meet ASTM F204 or CE/EN-1077, particularly as I expect that a funny-looking one might actually get questioned.

Is there anything in the highly ventilated, sub-300-gram range that meets those criteria? The Googling I've done suggests that the popular ultralight helmets in skimo/winter mountaineering circles aren't actually certified for skiing, but a lot of the results I'm picking up are from a few years ago (apparently when the ISMF rules changed to require skiing-certified helmets).

Oh, and bonus points if it doesn't look too dorky. I don't need any help there.

TS
S

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
I assume you noticed that sub-300-gram generally means 'without winter earflaps'. I assume you also noticed that a lot of the helmets from back during the rule change are still around, for example Salomon MTN:
https://www.wildsnow.com/24884/salomon-mtn-lab-ski-helmet-review/

Yes, but I'm a tech geek by day, so three-year-old gear seems ancient. ;)

And yes, I'm okay without having earflaps—my plan for this helmet is to wear it over my hat on days that, policy notwithstanding, I'd otherwise not be wearing a helmet. If it's particularly chilly or such, I'll probably just go ahead and wear my normal ski helmet.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
LaSportiva Combo is one. It has mountaineering (CE EN 12492) and skimo CE EN 1077, class B certification and it's 290g. No idea how it really is to wear/use, but I just checked one local store, that I know they have some of this super light skimo race stuff and they had this one, with those certificates in description. And it's 90eur, so not even that expensive :)