• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SKIMD Relocating and opening in October

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Went to Summit ski shop this past week to drop of skis to SKIMD and found Summit gone along with SkiMD. The Ski Haus has bought out Summit and will reopen soon. Mike (skimd) is moving about 4 miles down Rt 9 towards Natick. The building is under construction and won't be done for a few more weeks. I talked to Mike and he is excited about being in his own place. He is adding a bootfitter to his tuning operation as well. Mike said he will be sending out an email about his new location once he gets a handle on when he can open. Oh well,I guess my skis will have to wait a little while for their tune.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks , I saw he was moving but I didn't realize he was not open yet. He 's going to be busy starting latter than usual, I almost brought ski's to the new address a couple of weeks ago while in the area.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Saved me an empty trip too...I hope he has a lot of storage space, 'cause it`s going to be rocking there when he does open.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't see this thread originally but I got an email today about Ski Haus buying Summit so I emailed Mike about SkiMD. He says he's hoping to be able to start taking in skis around Oct. 5 (this Saturday). Definitely call before you go. He says he's still under construction.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I started doing (most) all my own tuning work a few seasons ago, so I no longer get to SkiMD with the frequency I once did. Still, I get in for a grind occasionally... I'm glad to see that Mike is doing well, but the new location is more difficult for sure. Mass route 9 sucks.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I started doing (most) all my own tuning work a few seasons ago, so I no longer get to SkiMD with the frequency I once did. Still, I get in for a grind occasionally... I'm glad to see that Mike is doing well, but the new location is more difficult for sure. Mass route 9 sucks.

I started waxing and light sharpening myself last year but still rely on Mike for doing more than that. Someday I hope to be able to all but the grinds myself but I still have some learning to do.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled

He was on Route 9 before, just moved inbound a ways.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I just received an email from Mike indicating that the re-opening of SkiMD has been delayed until October 12th.

SkiMD will be fully up and running Saturday October 12th with all services available!

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you on our journey to open the new store, but due to some construction delays we simply will not be ready for Saturday, October 5th.

We truly appreciate your understanding and look forward to meeting your highest service expectations!

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dropped off a couple pairs of skis with Mike today. He's already got pile of customer's skis in the shop.

Sponsor

Staff online