• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MrFox

Dawgcatching.com
Skier
Industry Insider
@HeluvaSkier - Well said. I didn't think it was a bad ski, but it didn't make me want to spend my own money on a pair. That's my criteria of a great ski, if I like it so much I want to buy a pair.

As a brief aside, Buffalo eh? I grew up in Upstate NY, what are you doing (and where are you skiing) in Buffalo?

HeluvaSkier

Reality Check Writer
Pass Pulled
As a brief aside, Buffalo eh? I grew up in Upstate NY, what are you doing (and where are you skiing) in Buffalo?

I work in finance for a company based in Buffalo and ski at Holimont--my fiancee and I joined six years ago.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I loved, loved the old Enforcer. It was one of the best skis ever made. Then again, it was basically a Motive 95ti.

So true. 3 mm wider, but with the exact same sidecut profile as the Motive.

Motive is a bit softer in flex, though.

Not that we're talking about Enforcers in this thread...............

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Well put. We have a Monster 98 177 demo at the shop, and I own the Motive 95ti 180. Much more responsive tip on both of these skis, no doubt, they really give me much less of that vague feedback/side around feel at the tip. Also, both had more top end and were smoother in junk, just as easy to ski (Monster 98) or easier (Motive). The Enforcer did feel like it was trying to be a slightly beefed up Sin7, which is the ultimate "meh" ski that drifts around and is uninspiring. I got on the 2017 Rossi EXP88 right after that Enforcer 93 and thought it was a much better ski for that general width range, the shape fit what the ski was trying to do accomplish, as did the flex. I think if they updated the old Steadfast with modern flex and profile, it would be a better fit in that 93mm range.

I loved, loved the old Enforcer. It was one of the best skis ever made. Then again, it was basically a Motive 95ti. I think I do like normal full-contact tips for this width range, with a bit of early rise. The tapered tip design doesn't work as well for me until the snow gets deeper, unless is it is really well engineered.

Thanks for the insight. I have not tried the Enforcer but was very very tempted to even buy it without trying but decided not to. I did try a well used Steadfast and really liked it but found the Patron more fun in the steep off trail terrain I frequent. On Piste I found the Steadfast superb. I really did not like the Sin 7 at all. Very bland. Enjoyed the Soul 7 but found its limits quickly but below them it was super fun. I was surprised since in design it seems quite similar to the Sin 7 but skiing it isnt.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
If one were replacing an old Enforcer, taking a pair of Monster 98's out for a ride would be well worth the time.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
How many of you down talking the Enforcer 93 have actually been on it?

Hand Flexing mine versus some E100 and the E93 is stiffer underfoot and in the tail. I really love mine, like I can not even ski on my Carbon Brahmas I love mine so much. Heck maybe I am that awful of a skier or maybe I stay better balanced than you guys. I have been meaning to a write a full review but I already have so much bias towards it.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Concerning the skis we choose to use personally, I don't take any offense to folks who don't share similar preferences, nor do I see those differences as an indictment of my choices or skill level. Their choices on the other hand*...

( * = to be taken with humor. )

dawgcatching

Snow? What is that?
Industry Insider
If one were replacing an old Enforcer, taking a pair of Monster 98's out for a ride would be well worth the time.

I have a pair of 177cm 98 demos at the shop if anyone is in town!

Skied them 3 days this year, and what a ski! If you like that strongish, solid feel that is still easy to ski. It is along the design of a Mantra, but more forgiving and better snow feel.

Sponsor