• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
I took them back to the shop tonight to get edges done again, and the guy there ran his thumbnail along the edges beneath the binding and said it’s only underfoot that edges matter. We debated for a bit, and he agreed to tune the skis, but I don’t think I convinced him... !
You in Montana?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Skiing off wax rather than scrape and brush?

The amount of time and effort you should spend scraping and brushing is directly proportional to how much you care or don't about your glide performance. About the only thing about not scraping that bothers me is that I can't get a good edge for a minute or two until the wax on the edge rubs down a little.​

James

Out There
Instructor
The amount of time and effort you should spend scraping and brushing is directly proportional to how much you care or don't about your glide performance. About the only thing about not scraping that bothers me is that I can't get a good edge for a minute or two until the wax on the edge rubs down a little.​
Random Russian troll quote?

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
I just started using Toko's Liquid Paraffin and it is working darn well...no mess and other than the time it takes to dry, much quicker and less messy than traditional methods. In an A/B comparison, it is holding up as well as said traditional methods. You will still want to brush bit no scraping needed. A more indepth review will be coming.

I'm guessing yellow for the PNW snow we get.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January