• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skiing in a Snowboard jacket

Phaceplanter

Booting up
Skier
ski fashion faux pa?

Been online shopping for deals on ski jackets and sometimes come across a nice jacket at a good price, but then I think, well it's a snowboard jacket, can't get that, or can I.

Is it just styling or is there certain features a snowboard jacket has that a ski jacket doesn't or vice versa?

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
It's clothing. I don't think it matters at all. My wife ski's in a really nice 686 jacket and my son ski's in a Burton jacket. Hell, he's on a racing team and he wears a Burton.. It's a great jacket.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I ski in a snowboarding jacket. I found my perfect ultra cold weather jacket in a red 686 branded mens medium. Extra liner inside, a ton of pockets and super warm.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hey even worse....... sometimes I ski in a snowmobile jckt

IMG_9214.JPG

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^^^^^ :eek: !

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
here in MN, almost everyone skis in snowmobile jackets. except for the guys int eh one pice carhart suits...

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I wear snowboard clothing quite a bit. I am very petite so don't exactly look for "bagginess" however, I have found that the Snowboard clothing offers a great variety of cuts, fabrics, and styles for everybody. The jackets tend to be longer , which is a feature I especially like.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Fine as long as you pull your pants up.:roflmao:. Actually, designed a little longer to cover that crack gap when riding up.

I have a couple snowboard jackets and pants.. If you can make it work for you functionally and like the way it looks why not??

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Back in the early days of Snowboarding, there was so much more swag & free stuff than in skiing that I was entering snowboard races just for all the great prizes. Bonfire, Burton, DaKine, Airwalk, Vans etc., at one time I think I was fully outfitted in Snowboard gear down to my socks. It was all very functional, quality stuff... still have some of it.
Hard to beat the Carhart's though.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
If it keeps your warm and dry, doesn't restrict your movements and is breathable it's a good ski jacket. It doesn't matter if it says Burton, Firefly, Mountain Hardwear or Arcteryx on it. (although, your more likely to get what you want with a top of the line jacket from a good brand)

Sponsor

Staff online