• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skiing Fun Photos from Me to You

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
If I'm doing this properly, then I'm sharing photos with you. :--) I may post some from time to time, from various ski trips. I hope you enjoy them. 'Hope you get out there and enjoy some good skiing, too!
DSC_0779 Skier In Deep.JPG
"Skier in Deep"; I photographed this person while I was riding a chairlift at Alta, in early 2016. I guess this is what they mean when they say, "Slightly off-piste and rather deep", eh? ogsmile

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I approve :golfclap:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Fun photos. I thought you meant something like this where I tried to push @DaveM over some cliff at Whiteface a few years back. He apparently survived though.

Attachments

• Whiteface 009.JPG
    Whiteface 009.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 74
TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
You making fun of us canadians? :eek:
Graham, you're not the only person on PugSki who was born up there...so, no, I'm not making fun of folks from the Land of My Birth. I've lived in the USA for most of my life [and do have appropriate citizenship papers...], but still have a big warm spot in my heart for the Land Up North. :beercheer:

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Fun photos. I thought you meant something like this where I tried to push @DaveM over some cliff at Whiteface a few years back. He apparently survived though.
Ah, THAT type of fun, thanks for the reminder, Kevin, LOL. ogwink Thanks, that photo still makes me laugh. We did have a good time at "Iceface", on that trip.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Graham, you're not the only person on PugSki who was born up there...so, no, I'm not making fun of folks from the Land of My Birth. I've lived in the USA for most of my life [and do have appropriate citizenship papers...], but still have a big warm spot in my heart for the Land Up North. :beercheer:

I was only teasing, eh

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
DSC_0009 Patroller and Snowboarder Roostertails _ c.jpg The theme of "Ski Local"...ah, yes, December 12th, 2016, a wonderful snowstorm that brought 6 inches of light, fluffy snow within a few hours at Wachusett Mountain, MA. It was SOOOOooo worth the slightly longer drive! 'Not too many folks showed up, so short lines & wonderful snow meant Loads of Fun!

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Well, OK, I haven't posted in a while and it's October, so we're all looking forward even more intently to the upcoming winter, here in the Northeast USA. Sooo...here's a photo from my Taos Ski Valley ski trip, back in February, 2014. I had a wonderful time, there - and I strongly recommend the "Ski Week" lessons program. I definitely learned & improved from five, small-group lessons while in Taos. This photo captured, for me, how beautiful Taos can be. I hope you enjoy it, too. DSCN4876r.JPG

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
I just had to post this photo - I made friends with a business contact in Salt Lake City. So, one Friday morning in early March, 2012, he took me skiing at Brighton, first thing in the morning. It was hilarious - we were some of the first people to drive up and get in line for the chairlift, and a news reporter came over with her cameraman and interviewed us. Before returning to the airport for my flight home, that afternoon, his wife informed us, "You boys ended-up on the morning news!" That was my first time ever on Utah powder, and I was "blown away" - it felt so light and soft underfoot, so different from the "traditional" New England hardpack. 'Absolutely beautiful - it was about 0-10 degrees F, that morning, with a slight wind, and magnificent visibility for miles. I feel very fortunate to have skied in Utah, again, since then, and plan to visit my friends and ski there, again, this winter. I hope all our PugSki readers get to ski snow that soft & light at some point. 'Best Wishes to You All. Me at Brighton Utah skiing 2012_03_02 saved photo from PPT card.jpg

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Well, here's a photo from my very first "Big Ski Trip", early February 2013 - are there any Whistler Blackcomb fans out there? Yes, Whistler's famous weather conditions prevailed - perhaps snowing/squalling, perhaps a bit drizzly/dripping near the mountain base, perhaps gorgeous "bluebird" conditions, and of course some occasional fog. It was fun! DSCN3665_b Skiers passing boulder.jpg

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
DSC_0113 Red Jacket skiing down _ 2.JPG Here's a photo from a "bluebird" day at Snowbird, in 2016; I was skiing with a good friend, and stopped to take a number of photos at that gorgeous place. It was my first time at Snowbird, and I loved it. I hope you can ski there, too, some day. ogsmile

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
DSC_0864 Friendly Trio.JPG OK, OK, well, since I posted a Snowbird skiing photo, I had to post an Alta skiing photo - so, here's one. Yes, it was that same trip in late January, 2016. We skied a few days at Alta, and I loved that place. Wow! :)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid