• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skiing feet first

Nate Gardner

Putting on skis
Instructor
Great read. I especially like the point of trying to move the weight forward without losing all 3 points on contact. Matt Boyd, in presentations, has added an interesting language twist which is not to ask someone to just move forward, but to stand and move a percentage of their body weight towards the ball of the foot. (You can here him describe it when listening to his presentation from this past National Academy on the First Chair podcast). When you add the thought of moving a percentage of weight in any direction and maintaining those points of contact it can create a powerful move with the ankle.

Zentune

Getting on the lift
Instructor
Really have been enjoying what Tom Gelle has been bringing to the table....super knowledgeable guy and very helpful to talk to :)

zenny

john petersen

working through minutia to find the big picture!
Instructor
very good read with nice simple language....

JP

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier

Thanks for posting, I'm adding that blog to my favorites list.

I spent the better part of this past season working on some foot and ankle concepts with my girls and once we got on the same page, terminology wise, the results came pretty quickly.

Also this might sound silly to some, but they like to play balance games on the Wii using the balance board and I think it's helped their proprioception with those subtle movements.

TS
slowrider

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Not silly at all. I believe the foundation to dynamic skiing starts with refined balance.