• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skiing Chez Ziggy 2018 Edition

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some of you may remember this thread from February 2017, when Phil and I skied in our back yard.

With the 6ft storm that Tahoe just received, road closures, lift operations on hold in many areas and avalanche danger in the back country, we figured the best way to spend the powder day was to ski Ziggy Bowl at Chez Ziggy.
@Andy Mink joined @Philpug and I on this adventure.

Edit: full version of video.

Last edited:

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
Awesome!

I got a fine looking bowl my self in my backyard I should take advantage of sometime :)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, that place is awesome on a big powder day - no lift lines either!

Would be a good addition to the Epic Pass!
I feel like its more IKONic ogsmile

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Reminds me when we started our son (@15months) skiing on the snow pile from shoveling the driveway + grade of front yard.

Whopping 5ft over a 60-70ft run., just enough to place him on the top, give a push to slide and fall over at the botton in 6” of powder (laughs and giggles all the way), back to the top via chair lift dad.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Is Chez Ziggy the new black?

I get a real laugh at these vids, liked the last post of skiing the bowls at Chez Ziggy which contained all the accoutrements for a proper après ski........have never met @Philpug or @Tricia, or anyone else here for that matter, but it's cool to see the site owners posting these lighthearted vids. IMHO they add a valuable personal touch to the community.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I've looked with longing at my backyard, the Woodstock Steep. Problem is, it's way too short and ends in a small stream at the bottom. The powder is awesome, though.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is Chez Ziggy the new black?

I get a real laugh at these vids, liked the last post of skiing the bowls at Chez Ziggy which contained all the accoutrements for a proper après ski........have never met @Philpug or @Tricia, or anyone else here for that matter, but it's cool to see the site owners posting these lighthearted vids. IMHO they add a valuable personal touch to the community.

Those sagebrush bushes and other unknowns under there can make that a black diamond. :D
Thanks for enjoying it. We had fun doing it.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The ribbon on the helmet is a nice touch so that other hikers will recognize you.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Awesome video - but next time, do not post hole up the middle of the trail....;)

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After my new found fear of lift rollbacks I think I will stick to touring places like Chez Ziggy from now on.

Sponsor

Staff online