• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skiing and Saturday nights on the road

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I love getting to motel6,( yes I also allow my wife to shop at Walmart all she wants )taking a nap after skiing and then watching the Supercross with a nice pizza and my beautiful bride complaining the whole time;Anyone else ?

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great subject especially for weekend warriors like us.

Got several modes depending upon the situation. Back of the days of skiing single it was the mountain bar to another for happy hour till passing out (usually about 9 ish). Being here from the northeast, Weekends at Killington and Hunter and back here in the Pocono's at Camelback Pa. were a blast and man Mondays were a tough wakening sometimes.

Then came kids. even though family had a place in the Pocono's we liked to get several weekends up north too. We would not stay up at the resorts but remotely (example Rutland Vt for Killington and So Vermont). It was ski, drive, shower, a family restaurant (like Friendly's) hopefully a good movie on the tube and to bed. Some very relaxing and great family qt.

Now my wife and I are empty- nesters. We're still working stiff's but the ski weekend is on a new plateau. With the new multi-mountain pass products we can get to some really great resorts each season. We are currently on Ikon and have weekends lined up for Sugarbush, Stratton, Killington and Loon. (We vacation out west too) Being just the 2 of us I tend to spend a little more with hotels (with hot tubs if I can find them), better meals and après ski drinks (though no where near the old single days).

Ah I LOVE the ski weekend.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I love getting to motel6,( yes I also allow my wife to shop at Walmart all she wants )taking a nap after skiing and then watching the Supercross with a nice pizza and my beautiful bride complaining the whole time;Anyone else ?

Liz and I typically stay at the (Chateau) Rondo in Golden when we ski at Kicking Horse. It's probably a step below motel 6, but it's relatively clean. And it only costs us 40-50 USD a night.

We don't nap after skiing, but we get pizza in the room about 50% of the time, and bedtime is between 8:30 and 10:30...depending on how hard we skied.

The evenings aren't exciting, but it's a nice way to spend the weekend. By keeping things relatively inexpensive, we can do this every weekend.

It helps that there isn't much to do in Golden. I don't think I could handle Whistler...lol.

No complaints from Liz...

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
For years you couldn't pay me to take a ski trip. Why leave Tahoe? Then something changed and I started traveling again. Now I can't wait for the dingy hotels and cheap pizza.
I think that because my dad and I often traveled to ski like that, it brings back a little of the "magic" of skiing.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Every Saturday night I'm in a small mom & pop motel. It's not pretty but it's clean & warm.

Sponsor

Staff online