• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skiing and hitting some hot springs in the same trip is one of my favorite things to do. I've done Pagosa Springs and Mt. Princeton in CO multiple times and both are awesome trips. I'm curious where else is conducive to both these activities? I was thinking of hitting some of the CO front range springs soon but there seems to be a lot of options and I need local beta. I am open to traveling to any state, even other countries. Any recommendations from the experts here?

Eddie S

Putting on skis
Skier
Steamboat Springs and Taos Ski Valley also have hot springs within easy driving range. Those are the only two I know of besides Pagosa Springs/Wolf Creek, but I'm sure there are more out there. Taos is really suffering from the snow drought, but has several groomed runs open. In good snow, TSV is a fine and challenging mountain to ski, with beautiful scenery, and a culturally interesting town in Taos itself.

James

Out There
Instructor
Mammoth. And obviously Steamboat. That's about my knowledge.
I bet there's something in Eastern Europe.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know you said CO, but Mammoth area has some great natural hot springs out Benton Crossing Road. We had such a great time last spring at Mammoth and the surrounding area, we are headed back again this summer to do some more exploring.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Banff. Go to the Banff Hot Springs and then go to the Banff Hot Springs Hotel and have whiskey. Nothing more to say

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
A few options around Salida and Buena Vista (Monarch )

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hot sulfursprings near Winter Park. Granby is bit closer. Never been there.

James

Out There
Instructor
Did you mean fully natural or a pool built for the natural hot water?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nelson, BC. Whitewater, 45 minutes away, is the powder Mecca of Canada, and Ainsworth Hot Springs is also 45 minutes from Nelson in the opposite direction. The Hot Springs has a nice pool areas, but the “hot tub” part is also the opening of an old mining tunnel loop, so you can walk through the dimly lit tunnel (feels like a cave) with little side coves, basically thigh- or waist-deep water the whole way. Some places where the hot spring water is coming down in little waterfalls. There’s nothing like it. Enjoyed that much more than Upper Banff Hot Springs.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
All up and down the Rockies, just about every mountain is "close to" one hot spring or another. Though some are closer than others.

Starting from the north, in Canada:

- There's a hot spring near Revelstoke
- Radium Hot Spring is closest to Panorama, but not too far from Kicking Horse either.
- Fremont Hot Spring, you can combine that with either Panorama or Kimberly
- Banff has a one, already mentioned.

I'm not too familiar with the northern Rockies. But I know there're hot springs.

In Colorado, the most famous is Steamboat. That's the best hot spring I've been to (ok, on a par with Mt Pierce). The skiing at Steamboat Spring is not too shabby either.

Last edited:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:sorry, can't help myself...

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Indian Hot Springs in Idaho Springs is pretty cool. There's a big indoor hot spring pool and a bunch of caves. It's pretty close to Loveland.

@pete mentioned Hot Sulfur Springs. I like that one a lot, but I concede it could be a bit better kept up. It's kind of seedy/not super up-to-date or clean. But they have a variety of different pools, indoor and outdoor and it's a beautiful setting. There's a rustic lodge, but not a whole lot for dining in town.

There are a couple hot springs places in Salida near Monarch, but I've never been there.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Great suggestions, I have a lot of googling to do. Yeah, Japan is the obvious choice, bucket list trip for sure someday.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Ski-in/out lodging: après in the outdoor hot spring with a beer, recounting the day with pals as the snow falls (or maybe a full moon).
This is the norm in Japan, nothing particularly special about it. Just don't show up in your swimwear :nono: