• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA @skiessentials has some killer clamp deals

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Is there a Pugski promo code on top of the sale prices?
Does anyone know if these race binders can take a wider than 80mm brake?
I am looking at the 2017 Rossi axial3 150 bindings.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is there a Pugski promo code on top of the sale prices?
Does anyone know if these race binders can take a wider than 80mm brake?
I am looking at the 2017 Rossi axial3 150 bindings.
Yes they can, but the brakes are not cheap. Becareful ordering brakes for the PX/SPX heels, there are two, one for Race heel and one for the regular one, tehy look very similar but are indeed different. What are you planning on putting these one? they are quite heavy bindings.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Yes they can, but the brakes are not cheap. Becareful ordering brakes for the PX/SPX heels, there are two, one for Race heel and one for the regular one, tehy look very similar but are indeed different. What are you planning on putting these one? they are quite heavy bindings.
Thanks Phil
I may have spare axial brakes in Utah but not sure if they will interface with this particular binding & I think you answered that question. NO
I don’t have a particular ski yet but thought the price was too good to pass up. I doubt if any of my near future ski purchases would be less than 80mm waist width.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks Phil
I may have spare axial brakes in Utah but not sure if they will interface with this particular binding & I think you answered that question. NO
I don’t have a particular ski yet but thought the price was too good to pass up. I doubt if any of my near future ski purchases would be less than 80mm waist width.
The Axial brakes that will fit these are off of the heels that have the metal reinforcement "U" clips by around the back heel screws.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Remember Jim, that is a rocker flex binding. I cant remember if the brake is different from the PX race (which as Phil says is also different from the regular PX). I have a few pairs of these sitting so will double check

BTW, these are terrific deals for Rockerflex bindings. For anyone looking to mount these on a Rossi plate, they only work on the R21 plate. While you can actually mount the previous PX race/MFX binding (for the R20 plate) on the R21 plate you cant easily mount the RF on the older R20 Plate. Alo, if anyone is planning to mount these flat i.e not on a Rossi plate) be prepared to shim the toe a lot (~5mm) as the Rockerflex heel sits high and will give a lot of ramp/delta. on the R21 plate the rear plate is normally (4mm?) thinner to compensate for this. (mounting the older binding on the R21 plate gives a nice gas pedal!)

Updated. Yes the 15 Rockerflex brake is the same as the PX Race/MFX brake. Picture below shows the RF/PX race brake on the right v. regular (at least I think so, this was in my box of brakes!) PX brake. Looks very similar above but different fitting underneath
caGplEExRBq5Qj9lF8UV1w.jpg

Last edited: