• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skier visits in the US up 11%, per NSAA

James

Out There
Instructor
I can't stand scanning, At BS they scanned at 3:57, RFID doesn't bother me as much. I realize it's important to have the data at areas but so over zelious scanning is do to the fact that the attendants are compensated for fraud passes. I know it's me , I never leave my pass dangling . I have lost then and broke them off in trees.
I skied 2 days at MRG this year and there is no one even remotely checking tickets . It's a step back where skiing, skiers are more community oriented. And yes I am getting older
Lifties are compensated for finding rfid or scanned passes. We used to have rfid with gates. Took a picture when you went through. So, if you look completely different than before, and they notice, they'll check it out. If you're using someone else's pass, they usually got a reward.

This year, with Vail, the rfid gates are gone. Handheld scanners read rfid and bar codes. So it reads through tour jacket at a distance. It's actually much quicker, because if there's a thing with someone you just go around and don't get scanned. Before, that person usually blocked the gate.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I can't stand scanning, At BS they scanned at 3:57, RFID doesn't bother me as much. I realize it's important to have the data at areas but so over zelious scanning is do to the fact that the attendants are compensated for fraud passes. I know it's me , I never leave my pass dangling . I have lost then and broke them off in trees.
I skied 2 days at MRG this year and there is no one even remotely checking tickets . It's a step back where skiing, skiers are more community oriented. And yes I am getting older

I have a pass holder that snaps around my goggle strap. I have also seen people loop tie a pass to their goggle strap and then tuck it partially under the goggle strap so the bar code is showing.