• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skialper buyer's guide

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
This is not a traditional downhill gear buyer's guide, nor a gear review for the site, but if you are as interested in the season gear and like to read and also lust over images, check out this buyer's guide, dedicated to the AT, freeride and splitboard world
mainly, and all skis got mounted with low-tach (pin-tech) AT bindings, but some models that get usually mounted with fixed or frame bindings are also reviewed (Nordica Enforcers, as an example), thus there's a good overlap, IMHO, to the other area of the "mountain"...

http://mulatero.it/buyersguide/

Lou reviews it on his blog as well

https://www.wildsnow.com/18720/skialper-magazine-gear-guide-review/

TS
Nobody

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I forgot to add, but it is S.E. since it was reviewd by wildsnow, that the guide is bilingual (Italian and English)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for sharing.
Here is the snippet from the front page.
The 2016 Buyer’s Guide is a special issue of Skialper magazine, entirely dedicated to ski touring gear tests (we’re talking skis, boots, bindings and skins) in all shapes and sizes: race, ski touring, freetouring and freeride. As of this year, we also have a significant feature dedicated to snowboard, more precisely splitboards.

This is a thorough, meticulous job, for a hefty 350 pages, with tests involving more than 200 products. Undoubtedly an exhaustive, in-depth analysis of mountain gear (tested on the snow and in the lab) at an international level.

New for this year: Italian-English parallel texts, throughout.

It is available from the best newsagents, on the iOS and Android apps, or you can purchase it directly from our website.

Here is a video introducing this project: