• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got my new garage mostly organized today. Still some cleanup to do but I can get my car in.

IMG_1604.jpeg

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone have thoughts/recommendations on a standing ski rack, i.e., no permanent installation? These wall mounted options look great, but will not work for what I need.

I was looking at this: https://storeyourboard.com/collections/ski-storage/products/freestanding-ski-storage-rack
Did you want to buy or diy? I see that similar slot design all the time in shops.
I would say the is that the single row might get a little bit tippy unless you attach it to a stable base. The 2row and up probably is a bit more stable.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Anyone have thoughts/recommendations on a standing ski rack, i.e., no permanent installation? These wall mounted options look great, but will not work for what I need.

I was looking at this: https://storeyourboard.com/collections/ski-storage/products/freestanding-ski-storage-rack
Those are what we use at the shop for fat skis. We have some older ones (different brand) for race skis. They work well, but the plastic is a touch brittle. We give them hard service, so if you are just 'normal' with them, they should work well. The kind your show don't work well with skinny tails like speed skis, but any ski with a 90 mm tail (or larger) should be GTG. Skinny tails don't fall over but they do lean into skis on either side.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did you want to buy or diy?
Buy. While I'd love/prefer to DIY, its not practical for my current living situation.

The kind your show don't work well with skinny tails like on speed skis, but any ski with a 90 mm tail (or larger) should be GTG.
Good to know, thanks. That should work for everything except my GS skis. I've seen a five slot version (https://the-raceplace.com/collections/ski-accessories/products/ski-floor-rack), but I can't find anyone who has it in stock. Any idea what the brand is?

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would say the is that the single row might get a little bit tippy unless you attach it to a stable base. The 2row and up probably is a bit more stable.
Great reason to buy more skis! I'm sure three rows would be even more stable. But not as stable as four rows. And, five rows, there we're getting into the sweet spot.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Did you want to buy or diy? I see that similar slot design all the time in shops.
These come with long base pieces for stability. You can double up a couple racks on a single set of bases, too.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid