• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Fall semester has started for me.
There are no 90* temps on the 15 day forecast.
Heard the first fall ski sale radio advertisement on the way to work this morning.
Yeah, heat warning here this past weekend..108F with the humidity worked in. Saw 97F on the thermometer Sunday afternoon. Storms blowing through this afternoon dropped a city-tree onto a neighbour's house..they're pleased. More storms tonight apparently and a "cold" front (I've taken to calling them Less-hot fronts..) coming through. Ugh..

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Agree with @Ron !!!

The snow stake in Steamboat right now!ogwink

snow stake.jpg

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's now August and the rain has started for us.. give it a couple weeks and we'll be into fall and starting to worry about freezing temps over night. Still got till October before the snow starts to fly. Still got plenty of time for biking and paddleboarding though!

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Hey, I woke up this morning and it was only 72F at 5:30am! Wooo!! I like this trend!! :D

On another note, we're looking already at booking March break for kids skiing... Oldest blob will be almost 4 by then..he MAY have enough attention span to sit through a 10 min lesson!!! :roflmao:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I remember when I first moved to Minnesota. I thought I knew what winter was being from the northeast and all, NOPE.... I was so wrong. I have never experienced so much cold and such nasty winters in my entire life. After 2 years in MN we headed off to southern california. After that 2 years in the twin cities I actually got rid of all my cold weather stuff because at that point I never wanted to see snow or experience cold again. I lived in Southern California for 6 years before I started snowboarding and I've not been without snow in my life ever since.

:golfclap:

I have to say my intolerance for heat has increased as I've gotten older and now it's never cold enough. Eventually I'm going to need to live in the northern territories of Canada so I'm fully satiated.

My SO said something last night that made me very happy. His next doctor's appointment is 11/9 and his first thought was that's tetering on ski season and the appointment is on a friday, I better take that afternoon off. YES. I knew I loved you................................. The boston ski show is going on this weekend too so I'd love to check that out.

:daffy:

Fall is my second favorite season and it's truly stunning around here. I love a couple months of all things fall happiness, it really helps to bring up my stoke.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
45 degrees at my house this morning. Propane got delivered yesterday. Yes, winter is coming!

we live about 3 miles apart as the crow flies but over to the east side of Emerald Your weather can be so different from ours! We hit 39.7*.

Sponsor

Staff online