• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Our nighttime temps are looking promising! They were in the 60's - going down!
Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 8.29.15 PM.png

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Is this genuine? Did that dusting happen somewhere just now?
Nah, the LL picture is mine from a couple of weeks ago, the other is a meme off of Facebook.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The high temperature today was about 65F-68F, overnight lows are about 55F. We’ve actually had some drizzle on and off the last couple days, which is unusual. From early July to early October we’re actually the one of the driest places in the US. Temperatures are expected to return to low-mid 80’s next week.

If you’re tired of heat and humidity, you might consider a trip to the PNW (west of the Cascades).

The weather systems really change around late October and early November, and you can pretty much count on skiing by Thanksgiving. So 3 1/2 months to go, call it 100 days before I start checking weather forecasts obsessively.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Friends make fun of me because I'm dying to mountain bike as soon as March hits and to ski as soon as August hits. I just can't seem to stay on schedule with the seasons...

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Rain here too! light but steady. Seems to be stopping now but we'll take every single drop.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
No stoke here, humid early on. Hoping for some good storms over the next few days, bring on the water. Sunday should be nice. I may need to work on my go pro footage from last season so I can at least look at snow. I would love some temps below 50 at night at this point but that's not for a bit.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The high temperature today was about 65F-68F, overnight lows are about 55F. We’ve actually had some drizzle on and off the last couple days, which is unusual. From early July to early October we’re actually the one of the driest places in the US. Temperatures are expected to return to low-mid 80’s next week.

If you’re tired of heat and humidity, you might consider a trip to the PNW (west of the Cascades).

The weather systems really change around late October and early November, and you can pretty much count on skiing by Thanksgiving. So 3 1/2 months to go, call it 100 days before I start checking weather forecasts obsessively.
I wouldn't complain about 80ºs, Death Valley had just reached 127ºF four days in a row!

Btw, I hope you're right about October/November, the US and Canadian Drought Monitor Maps have been making me F'ing nervous!

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap.aspx
http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/programs-a...ch/canadian-drought-monitor/?id=1463575104513

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
80 and high humidity is pretty brutal. It's currently 86 with near 70% humidity. I'm staying inside. We were in death valley a couple years ago when it was 99 at 6pm and I'll take that any day. I'm more tolerant of heat than I am of humidity. We need to send this ickiness back down south and get some other ski stoke going. I am however, willing to suffer a little if I'm rewarded with a nice cold long winter :)

At least this time next summer this should be open

https://www.powder.com/stories/news/massive-indoor-ski-area-coming-to-new-jersey/

Even if I choose not to ski there I might have to throw myself down on the "snow" and just lay there for a bit.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothing but smoky haze here...every day. We don't usually see rain until Hallowe'en :(.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As I like to say to my friends and family on the east coast when they complain about hot weather, "This is picnic weather in Texas!" Seriously, the heat and humidity I grew up with in Amarillo, Dallas, and Houston puts most places I've visited to shame, although "Death Valley Days" has new meaning after this last week. Yet I left Texas for grad school in Wisconsin and experienced in my first week a record low for the century! The 1900's of course. Talk about culture shock. I used to just tolerate winter, but now can't wait for it to start. Why else would I be reading ski blogs about ski stoke in the middle of summer?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Snowed up on Beartooth Pass. Still going to be in the 90's here today.

Love the one you're with.

FORE!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fall semester has started for me.
There are no 90* temps on the 15 day forecast.
Heard the first fall ski sale radio advertisement on the way to work this morning.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Heard the ad this morning for the "biggest ski sale in the twin cities!!"..........not a fan. I love skiing but I really hate the winter......Love snow, but hate single and negative temps........this past winter in Minneapolis was the worst I've experienced. Hopefully there is more snow this year in ski country than days below 0.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Fall is awesome around here. Biking until Nov/Dec in town and even until Oct. up higher. Last year it was biking almost year round. Hopefully this winter season is much more snowy. It was rough last year.

Sponsor

Staff online