• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
For those waking up to hot muggy days ahead, I hope this lifts your spirits a little

397.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We'll be there in February. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Ron

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I went to the local mountain on Sunday to take a look at our transport toboggans and see what work I had to do on them. My wonderful wife and I then drove to the top of the mountain and sat on the chair exit and had us a wonderful picnic with champagne and cold cuts. Unfortunately the slopes were green not white.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I went to the local mountain on Sunday to take a look at our transport toboggans and see what work I had to do on them. My wonderful wife and I then drove to the top of the mountain and sat on the chair exit and had us a wonderful picnic with champagne and cold cuts. Unfortunately the slopes were green not white.

That sounds like a very nice afternoon. It's always comforting to me to go to a ski mountain in the summer. it feels home to me and being there is like getting a hug from my favorite person.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
In Season, I estimated those cornices at over 100 feet of drop. No telling how thick.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It was 87 and ugly humid already at 830 this morning as i was driving to work so I was thinking cool thoughts.

Here's a couple videos of me doing snow angels. It's a sign of what's to come because I plan to do many more snow angels in the future.

One at our friends place in Vermont after a huge snowstorm

Other one is at Yosemite at the end of May and I just couldn't resist the patch of snow.

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
It's just about ½ way between my last ski day and my first projected ski day. Roughly 101 days each way.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I got that email too. Not worth it for me to work a weekend for $11.50/hr and get 20% off gear. Nonetheless, it’s the first email about anything to do with skiing. Besides those emails I get about preview clips for upcoming Warren Miller movies. Those never stop.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There is an award winning marching band at the high school a couple blocks from my house. I can hear them practice and play for games all fall. I came home last night to hear the sweet first notes of band practice. Now if only it would cool off enough to open the windows and hear them inside.

Sponsor

Staff online