• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Resort Luxury Box

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is there such a thing?

Different from a slopeside condo in that inviting 20 friends to your condo equals a big mess.

Similar to sporting events: stocked fridge, catering, couches, fireplace, big screen tv, nice view of the mountain, vip elevator.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would think there are mountain clubs that would be similar to what you describe. Not necessarily a box bbut a place to congregate and entertain.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
I have yet to encounter the kind of sports venue luxury box you are talking about. Skiing is just not a spectator sport unless you are talking FIS World Cup or Olympics.

What I think might thread the needle, is renting space in a lodge. I have observed lodge or restaurant space at various resorts being roped off for private events. I doubt it comes cheap, and the facility needs to be setup for easy division. But, I have seen it for special events that usually seem to be corporate, or a ski school special multi-day clinics.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Many resorts have a midmtn or top of mtn tablecloth fine dining restaurant /lounge that basically serves that purpose. it would be equivilant to the premium seat club within a club at sporting venues where you après or have lunch away from the masses but still more social and lively than private. if you want private like the boxes sure they can arrange that too.
Often they have dinner night events starting at sunset and then you gondola or take a short walk back.

But as far as vip private skiing without the masses, beyond the resort offerings, up your game and basically consider cat or heliskiing (which i am sure will have an après package you can add on back at the home base or 4star lodge you are staying.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Northstar has Schaffer Camp, I believe its a part of the Alpine Club, which has a pricy membership fee, but its exclusive and you can invite your friends. They have an area to take your ski boots off and put them on warmers, while you wear slippers to eat lunch.
The real luxury would be if you could also get a private section of the area to ski so you don't have to have your head on a swivel

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January