• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski recommendations east coast

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
I think for a daily driver on the east coast 92mm is wider than optimal. To me an east coast daily driver should be 80ish mm or less.

I have the Sheeva 9 (same as the Rustler 9) as my daily driver and I ski in New England. A fellow Sunday River skier also uses hers as her daily driver. I know someone else there that uses the Santa Ana 100 and someone else the Völkl Secret, others the Black Pearl 88.

Each to their own!

Now, if I ever get my dream Stöckli Stormrider Motion 85 then we will see if I downsize the width but I cannot see being sub 80.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hello

i am new to the forum but have been reading quite a bit. I am looking for new skis and looking for recommendations. I am an advanced intermediate skier that skis front side most of time but I am looking for a fun easy ski that can handle the hardstuff and the crud at the end of day or spring. I ski the soft bumps and don’t venture much into the bush. I currently have dynastar powertracks 89 that I like but find stiff and tiring. I weigh 195lbs and I am 5ft8. I was thinking of the Elan Wingman 86cti, 88 ripstick or blizzard bushwacker. What would you recommend or maybe there are other skis.

thanks

Denis
I like your thoughts on the Elan's, although I have not demoed those, but folks that ski them love them for their light performance. One that I have is the Fischer Pro Mountain 86 Ti. It can be had at a discount now, but I see your shop is pushing their excess Blizzard. Is Blizzard your only option? I also liked the Head Monster 88, but that sounds like a more tiring ski for you (I outweigh you by 30 lb). I've not demoed a Monster 83 or V8, but maybe those would also be in your sweet spot.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Check out Liberty Skis.. I was WOW'd At Mammoth on the 2020 76W's they excelled on the frozen cord and were a blast in spring corn..
I do love my Atomics (Cloud 11's) For Eastern skiing but they are hard to relax on they are more like a race ski.

Blizzard makes Great Skis.. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hello

i am new to the forum but have been reading quite a bit. I am looking for new skis and looking for recommendations. I am an advanced intermediate skier that skis front side most of time but I am looking for a fun easy ski that can handle the hardstuff and the crud at the end of day or spring. I ski the soft bumps and don’t venture much into the bush. I currently have dynastar powertracks 89 that I like but find stiff and tiring. I weigh 195lbs and I am 5ft8. I was thinking of the Elan Wingman 86cti, 88 ripstick or blizzard bushwacker. What would you recommend or maybe there are other skis.

thanks

Denis

Elan Wingman 86cti: Tenacious Carver.

Elan Ripstick 88: Light, softer and easy to ski. More off trail oriented than the others but still fun everywhere.

Blizzard Bushwacker: Somewhat in between the other 2 in stiffness and also blends off trail capability with fun on piste.

Sponsor