• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski pants for my hard to fit 11 yr old - suggestions

Phaceplanter

Booting up
Skier
My 11 yr old son loves to ski, but in the last couple of years, he's gotten thick around the waist, and he's kind of in between a youth and adult size. If one fits around the waist, it's likely really long at the bottom.

He did use a pair last Sunday that were his big brother's and did ok, but they were a little tight around the waist and I'd like to find another pair. He's about 5'0, 140-145lbs.

Phil (not Philpug!)

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I'm 5'8 and 200lb with like 46 inch hips and 30 inch quads(humble brag) 27 inch inseam. Flylow size L or XL depending on the pant model fits me great with out being too long. Maybe try their smaller stuff? Also I mean if pants are long who cares. Just make sure they arent in the bindings when you clip in, and take the elastic and put it around the bottom when not in ski boots so they dont drag on the ground.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Patagonia is 30% off at REI right now. We have had good luck with their boys snow shot pants they also have a men’s size in them too. Best part is you can order them in short with the adult sizes and the have the extender cuff in the kids sizes. The challenge you always have goin up a size or going to adult sizes with kids is length. You might find the boys xl or xxl meets your needs if not you can always go to the adult sizes in the short. You can also call Patagonia outlet stores and see if they have any of last season’s stock I. The sizes you need. We did that this summer and outfitted my sone and middle daughter at half price.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lands' End carries slim & husky sizing, both up to a size 20/20H
In my experience Land's End sizing is all over the place, so best to try on in store if possibe, or order a few pairs in different sizes to try on. The one time I tried ordering the "plus" size snow pants for one of my kids way back when, I used the size chart to determine sizing, but they ran very large, in length as well as waist. Also, my kid did not like the reinforced parts on the pants, they made the pants bulkier and harder to move around in. I believe Obermeyer and Karbon have boys "husky" sizes in a few models.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Patagonia is 30% off at REI right now. We have had good luck with their boys snow shot pants they also have a men’s size in them too. Best part is you can order them in short with the adult sizes and the have the extender cuff in the kids sizes. The challenge you always have goin up a size or going to adult sizes with kids is length. You might find the boys xl or xxl meets your needs if not you can always go to the adult sizes in the short. You can also call Patagonia outlet stores and see if they have any of last season’s stock I. The sizes you need. We did that this summer and outfitted my sone and middle daughter at half price.
In my experience Land's End sizing is all over the place, so best to try on in store if possibe, or order a few pairs in different sizes to try on. The one time I tried ordering the "plus" size snow pants for one of my kids way back when, I used the size chart to determine sizing, but they ran very large, in length as well as waist. Also, my kid did not like the reinforced parts on the pants, they made the pants bulkier and harder to move around in. I believe Obermeyer and Karbon have boys "husky" sizes in a few models.
Karbon makes some great kids ski gear. Used to be 20K/20k but believe it is not 15K/15K. That said it has been hard to find a great selection in the Seattle area and for the money we have found Patagonia Kids ski gear to be a better deal and better quality. Not to mention the amazing customer support and eco friendliness of Patagonia