• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski pants for long-legged niece

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know of any ski brands that work well for people with long legs? My 19 year old niece is trying to get ski pants, and the ones that are long enough for her are too baggy. Thanks!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Obermeyer makes longs. I have a 33.5" inseam and while I would have preferred the longs, the regulars don’t make me feel like I’m wearing floods. My Sunice ones are a little shorter than I’d really like.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Euro brands tend to run longer. The North Face Freedom Pants always come in lengths, too. I have noticed this year, though, more "long" offerings in other brands. I just bought a small tall from Mountain Hardwear off of Sierra Trading Post ... I think those are all gone, but I usually have to buy full-price pants to get talls. Unfortunately, you will almost surely have to order online. Good luck!

rslatkin

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Fera has long sizes. I love their Heaven pants.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Does anyone know of any ski brands that work well for people with long legs? My 19 year old niece is trying to get ski pants, and the ones that are long enough for her are too baggy. Thanks!
My 19 year old daughter is 5’11” with a close to 35” inseam. She wears The North Face Freedom LRBC in a Long. What size does your niece need? I can check our “to sell” pile that I failed to get off to the local ski swap this fall!

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My 19 year old daughter is 5’11” with a close to 35” inseam. She wears The North Face Freedom LRBC in a Long. What size does your niece need? I can check our “to sell” pile that I failed to get off to the local ski swap this fall!
Thanks. She wears a 31" waist and 36" inseam, but she needs them for this Friday. There is a North Face outlet nearby, and also a North Face store at Squaw Valley (where we're going on Friday). My sister was at REI with her yesterday, and the selection was not good. My niece's life was taken over by swimming for most of high school, so she didn't ski for four years, and now nothing fits. That Freedom pant sounds like a good bet.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Thanks. She wears a 31" waist and 36" inseam, but she needs them for this Friday. There is a North Face outlet nearby, and also a North Face store at Squaw Valley (where we're going on Friday). My sister was at REI with her yesterday, and the selection was not good. My niece's life was taken over by swimming for most of high school, so she didn't ski for four years, and now nothing fits. That Freedom pant sounds like a good bet.
I ballpark my daughter's inseam at 35", but it could be longer - she wears an XXLong at American Eagle and all the high-end designer jeans that I always thought "who wears these things?!" fit her, lol. My daughter keeps tearing ACLs so she hasn't skied for years either; her new pair of Medium Long pants that I got for this season still have the tags on them since she is on crutches again. :crutches:

TS
luliski

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I ballpark my daughter's inseam at 35", but it could be longer - she wears an XXLong at American Eagle and all the high-end designer jeans that I always thought "who wears these things?!" fit her, lol. My daughter keeps tearing ACLs so she hasn't skied for years either; her new pair of Medium Long pants that I got for this season still have the tags on them since she is on crutches again. :crutches:
Hope she recovers soon! Thanks for the advice about the pants.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
North Face makes almost all of their pants in short/regular/long. Nice to have options on insulation & waterproofing instead of being stuck with the entry level model that moves the most units.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January