• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Lesson Prices (Examples from your mountain)

nunyabiz

Putting on skis
Skier
I was up at Mt Hood Meadows yesterday and happened to run into the instructor who taught my 3-day camp a couple weeks ago. We chatted for a short while and he asked if I wanted to ski with him for a bit since he was just up there free skiing. We skied 4 runs together and he gave me some feedback and ideas on things to work on to continue my progress. It was a great day!

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
At Taos with a season pass, a 2.5hr group lesson is $40. Regular is $80 or buy 3 get 1 free for $240. Private 1/2 day is $475, full day $700, full week $1320. Or group week for $300. Specialty weeks are $400.
I have taken quite a few group lessons before and what I find to be somewhat an issue is when they ask you what level you are (without a ski off), most people will overestimate their levels based on the
color of runs they survive on.
Last year I took an advanced intermediate group lesson in CO. Everyone in the group said they usually ski blue and black, but when we started skiing, 1/2 the students were wedging their way down blue groomers. Surviving and skiing are 2 different things. It took an extra 45 mins to split the group to their appropriate levels and to get extra instructors to meet us, and this was a 2 hour lesson.
I think it is important to be honest about your abilities/skill level if you want to get the most out of the lesson.