• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Guard Boxes

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
About to pull the trigger. Any feedback from owners? Thanks.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Pulled the trigger and ordered. It shipped out of Denver. Every thing about the process, and the box itself, were / are awesome. Based on the box that it arrived in, their packaging engineer knows their stuff.

What I love about the box:
- One of the few units that could go on the Audi, without impacting the rear hatch opening. I’m all good for a scuffed up body panel on the 4Runner. Not so much on the Audi.
- It fits the contours of the vehicle. Doesn’t look like a plastic garbage can sitting on a vehicle.
- Tee bolt mounting points look Uber clean.
- Grossly overbuilt and rigid compared to the couple of Thule boxes that I have.
- Zero discernible wind noise.
- They can color match to any vehicle. I tend to cycle between dark grey Audi’s, so I just went stock black.

If you have a vehicle that is a bit more than point A, to point B the Ski Guard boxes are the way to go.
AE95DCBA-698B-4D09-A846-D0E6D61EF693.jpeg

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks great and highly functional. Just picked up an SQ5 and can see throwing one of those on it.
Am guessing you live in CO foothills, as I do.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Looks great and highly functional. Just picked up an SQ5 and can see throwing one of those on it.
Am guessing you live in CO foothills, as I do.

It is on an SQ5. None of my Thule boxes would allow the hatch to open. The range of boxes from Yakama and Thule that would work was mostly limited to squat, garbage can looking things. After a bit of time on Google I stumbled upon these.

Christian at Ski Guard was super to work with. Mates well with Audi OEM rails.

Live in Durango.

Enjoy.

Sponsor

Staff online