• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is very cool!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Did you use a chop saw with a carbide blade? I do not think those K2 models have any metal in their construction. It would be more difficult if the ski has a metal construction.

James

Out There
Instructor
They've got metal edges which are worse. A thin metal layer completely sandwiched wouldn't be bad. Even a carbide wood blade will work but dull quickly. Exposed metal like an edge not so good and can be dangerous. Negative rake and tooth design for metal will work.

Uncle-A

Skier
They've got metal edges which are worse. A thin metal layer completely sandwiched wouldn't be bad. Even a carbide wood blade will work but dull quickly. Exposed metal like an edge not so good and can be dangerous. Negative rake and tooth design for metal will work.
Yes they do but only thin strips make up the edge. The edge is usually a 50 hardness on the Rockwell scale except maybe Volkl skis that would use a 60 hardness edge. What I would worry about is skis with a full metal top sheet or metal sandwich construction and you may need a cutoff wheel if you tried to use a pair of Volant skis.;)

Uncle-A

Skier
Thank you for your message.
I'm planning to make not only a frame but something useful.
I see ski fences being taken apart and frames being made in bulk.;)

TS
matsukuro

matsukuro

NISEKO
Skier
Yes they do but only thin strips make up the edge. The edge is usually a 50 hardness on the Rockwell scale except maybe Volkl skis that would use a 60 hardness edge. What I would worry about is skis with a full metal top sheet or metal sandwich construction and you may need a cutoff wheel if you tried to use a pair of Volant skis.;)
for James , Uncle-A
Thank you for your messages.
I've used chop saws whose materiasl are metal which blade are hardened and carbonated.
As you know those K2 models doesn't have any metal in their construction however I'm making a frame made from another K2 model of 810-FO. I will post later.
It's too hard to make up if a top sheet is a full metal like Volant.

Uncle-A

Skier
for James , Uncle-A
Thank you for your messages.
I've used chop saws whose materiasl are metal which blade are hardened and carbonated.
As you know those K2 models doesn't have any metal in their construction however I'm making a frame made from another K2 model of 810-FO. I will post later.
It's too hard to make up if a top sheet is a full metal like Volant.
The photo of the frame shows you do good work. It is a great idea, thanks for sharing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I could keep you busy for weeks at my house.

Sponsor

Staff online