• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ski day pocket food

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
This belongs in another thread of which regional foods you just dont get! :nono:

From a country that thinks a toque is haute couture.:P

Corollary: the Vegemite sandwich might be a regional food we do get. :eek::D

There's a couple a things needed to enjoy vegemite:

1. Spread density is really, really important:
7f18cba4df57cbc867b1f6000e14a409.gif

2. Start consuming it at a very young age - 3 y/o may be too late.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Ziplock bag with a single slice of Cabot cheese in the side pocket, my topper for Waffle Cabin

Lilia

Putting on skis
Skier
Has anyone skied with a small thermos with coffee? would it be too much of a nuisance on the slopes?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Has anyone skied with a small thermos with coffee? would it be too much of a nuisance on the slopes?

Yes, but in a backpack. The soft-sided bottles with silvery bubble wrap around them are much better for carrying on ones person than thermos bottles. Of course, they are also harder than thermos to clean out of coffee flavour afterwards.

TS
SSSdave

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
For years it's been a Cliff bar for hotel breakfast & lunch or a peanut butter & honey sandwich. Now that I have to be gluten free it's Honey Stinger waffles for snacks and pb & honey sandwich for lunch or a flavored tuna pouch and a collapsible water bottle. In the hotel I take an immersion water heater and flavored oatmeal and a banana.

skinavy

Booting up
Skier

No, but I did ski with a ceramic coffee mug in my pocket- had bought one at Mary Jane, figured just one easy run back to the WinterPark side. Until the bumps called me (how'd they get my phone #?) for some more love. 4 runs later I finally got the (intact) mug back to the car.

Standard food is folded pizza in pants cargo pocket, snickers & clementines in jacket. If we're not going to the lodge for lunch, someone will have a camelback on them and we will usually have some wraps/pita.

And a flask.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I gave up on chicken fingers when a chicken gave me the middle finger near the Great Wall (look carefully) ...
Do you just nibble on it until you get to the toenail? Ewww...!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you just nibble on it until you get to the toenail? Ewww...!

Don't get me started. :D

Always clip the toe nail prior to cooking. We are not barbarians.
Them chicken feet are finger licking good.
Hmmm... or perhaps it should be toe sucking good? :roflmao::roflmao: