• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ski day pocket food

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
@4ster brings a tuna salad wrap if I recall. Less prone to getting smooshed
The tuna is a back up in case I run out of turkey or chicken. I find a wrap travels better than a bread sandwich. The wrap usually begins with some cream cheese spread on the wrap or tortilla, a little rice, chopped chicken or sliced turkey, avocado, tomato then topped with a little salsa or ranch. There are always sliced carrots included. In a pinch or if I am in a hurry it's a bagel with peanut butter & banana, which can also be a hurry up breakfast. I always carry lunch along with some kind of gorp mix & water. Mostly I will eat on the lift unless I am meeting someone for lunch or it's just too damn cold to stay out. Lots of pockets are a deciding factor in all my clothing :).

Last edited:

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Stopping for lunch makes me cold and tired so I usually snack on the lift. My wife likes to stuff some of my pockets with a combo of one or more of:

Cliff bars
Halloween size candy, usually give some to lifties or kids in a melt down mood that end up riding the chair with me.
Chocolate covered espresso beans
Jerkey
Mixed nuts
If I'm with friends I'll sometimes bring some good whiskey to share sips while we nosh on the chair
Some kind of gummy
Costco Cashew Clusters With Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
In case you didn't know, this is the same Colin Hayes...

I'm well aware... Scrubs is one of my favorite shows ever... I actually like Waiting for My Real Life To Begin better... Scrubs did it OK having the cast and (professional singer) guest star sing it. (Side note: The doctor briefly shown in between Ted and Kelso would return in later season as the Janitor's girlfriend, Lady.)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The tuna is a back up in case I run out of turkey or chicken. I find a wrap travels better than a bread sandwich. The wrap usually begins with some cream cheese spread on the wrap or tortilla, a little rice, chopped chicken or sliced turkey, avocado, tomato then topped with a little salsa or ranch. There are always sliced carrots included. In a pinch or if I am in a hurry it's a bagel with peanut butter & banana, which can also be a hurry up breakfast. I always carry lunch along with some kind of gorp mix & water. Mostly I will eat on the lift unless I am meeting someone for lunch or it's just to damn cold to stay out. Lots of pockets are a deciding factor in all my clothing :).

I'm going to let you start packing my lunch for me! ;)

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm well aware... Scrubs is one of my favorite shows ever... I actually like Waiting for My Real Life To Begin better... Scrubs did it OK having the cast and (professional singer) guest star sing it. (Side note: The doctor briefly shown in between Ted and Kelso would return in later season as the Janitor's girlfriend, Lady.)

Didn't know that. Almost like finding out Goose was formerly ER...ogsmile

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Holy frick I have no idea how I never made that connection! I think I've just been out-scrubbed...

:) Well, I'm going to guess I've seen every episode at least a few times, some probably 10 or more. (With the exception of some of the final season episodes where they brought in the whole new cast - I've probably only seen those a couple of times.) I know, I know... what a great and productive use of time. :cool:

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor

I knew there was someone else on the planet that makes 3 decker PBJ's. And yeah sometimes those go into my pocket too. ogsmile.

I put the jam on both sides of the center slice so that, by the time for lunch, that slice is nicely soaked. PB keeps it from leaking to the outside.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gaaaaack. There ARE small plastic baggies.
To be fair, I usually have mixed nuts in a baggie for a quick protein pick me up. One day I got to the hill and my baggie broke so I just put the nuts in my pocket.
I will never live it down with @Andy Mink :nono:

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
:) Well, I'm going to guess I've seen every episode at least a few times, some probably 10 or more. (With the exception of some of the final season episodes where they brought in the whole new cast - I've probably only seen those a couple of times.) I know, I know... what a great and productive use of time. :cool:

I've seen/listened to some episodes over 30 times, I'm sure. I used to play them in the background as I was falling asleep. I think I've watched it chronologically three times?
I don't count season 9 as part of the series. I've never watched any of it.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid