• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Boot Manufacturers/Suppliers

UlrickSkiDude

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all,

I'm currently in the initial process of researching for my master's thesis on the ski boot industry. I'm very interested in researching the different ski boot manufacturers and suppliers. Both locally and globally.

My hope is that some of you have insights, information, or webpages of current ski boot manufacturers and suppliers.

I have not been very successful with finding public information on specific manufacturers/factories of ski boot brands. Interesting information could be factory names, websites, locations, etc. And also if ski boot brands outsource their production or own the entire value chain.

This could be manufacturers for the bigger ski brands, but also independent ski boot manufacturers.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Ulrick

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The vast majority of boot factories are in Montebelluna Italy including (but not limited to) Nordica/Tecnica, Lange/Rossignol, Dalbello.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
These days most ski boots are made Eastern Europe. After the iron curtain fell a lot of ski boot production was moved to Eastern Europe. Atomic/Salomon boots are made in Romania, Nordica/Tecnica in Hungary, Head in Czechia. Lange/Rossignol still make some boots in Montebelluna but the lower end models are made in Romania, the high end Fischer boot shells are also made in Montebelluna the rest are are made in Czechia, Fischer liners are made in the Ukraine. As far as I know, the only major company that still makes all of their boots in the Montebelluna district is Dalbello, although their liners will likely be made in Eastern Europe. Information on who makes what and where is not easy to find.

Most ski boot manufacturers still have some sort of presence in the Montebelluna district, and a lot of the design and development work is carried out there. Many of the component and machinery manufacturers are also based there.

The Montebelluna Sportsystem Foundation https://fondazionesportsystem.com/ has a museum with an extensive archive in Montebelluna https://fondazionesportsystem.com/museo/ The curator, Francesca Sfoggia, speaks good English and might be able to provide you with some useful information.

Sponsor

Staff online