• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski bib or ski pants for kids 6 & 8 years old

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Hello

What is recommended for kids ages 6 & 8 ski bibs or pants? Not sure what the pros and cons are? Warmth isn't an issue, I think my main concern for the kids is what ever is easiest to keep on which is why I am considering bibs but wanted to check what the ski pug community has to say.

As for the application - We hope to ski 15-20 days next season at Lake Tahoe.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I always found the bib vs pant decision to be a dilemma with my daughter. Bibs stay on better, but they're not very convenient, and they are hot (as are many days in Tahoe). On the other hand, it's easier to keep the snow out of bibs, and pants tend to slide down. My daughter wore bibs until she was 8 or so, and we switched because she wanted pants instead of bibs. At that point she was pretty independent in getting herself ready for skiing, so I let her choose. What do your kids prefer?

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We did bibs for my daughter's first two seasons, then switched to pants. There hasn't been any issue with snow inside her pants. Plus they are so much easier to deal with in regards to bathroom breaks. I like these ones so much I bought a second pair.

https://www.backcountry.com/marmot-freerider-pant-girls

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
thanks for all the replies. They have always used bibs to date and there hasn't been a problem, they can deal with the bathroom issue and is not a concern.

The reason I posted is they outgrew what they had so am thinking about next season and what to get. I guess we will stay with bibs for now.

Thanks again.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My middle wore em till around 15/16 years old ... simply preference. I let them choose as they're aware of the already mentioned pro and cons ....

now, one question may be if your kids are boys and if the bibs have convenience features used by boys ogsmile

My kids simply liked Black ... so I couldn't fancy em up with this look, well loved in the midwest:

Bibs.jpg

BGreen

Out on the slopes
Skier
Generally kids prefer bibs. Especially ones that might crash in powder. Racers prefer full zip pants so they can go on/off easily.

Sponsor

Staff online