• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski advice for a friend...

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No, really, it's for a friend. She's been on a 70 something waist ski until today. She tried the Line Pandora 95 todY and loved it. I know nothing about the ski so I come to my sources. If she loved this ski is it a good choice and are there other similar options she should look at. I've not skied with her so I can't speak to her style.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a big believer if you love it, ski it. What works for me, doesn't for someone else. I have demoed the Line Pandora & really enjoyed it. I think Stephanie Yu has it in her quiver.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If she struck oil..should she keep drilling? Is that your question? How important is gear to her? Sounds like she is happy with the choice, is there a need to confuse her with other options?

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It is funny to confuse her though...

Seriously though, I just know nothing about the skis so I can't even speak to them for overall quality etc. line has never been on my radar, unlike say, Kastle. And since she's never been on anything wider I can see why she'd love these but might be swayed if she tried something else.

And I sent her the link to the thread so hopefully she's at least reading. And will eventually register. Love ya E!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
The Pandora was the same as the Sick Day 110 the year I bought the latter - so I'm going to assume the Pandora 95 is the same as the Sick Day 95. (This could be wildly incorrect). The latter is a pretty popular ski.

I love my Sick Day 110s*. My husband loves his Sir Francis Bacons. I have a pair of Line Celebrity 100s from several years ago that I adored and have converted into my AT ski because they're so reassuring to ski. So if you're wondering if they make a good ski - they do, they do!

* I will say that in crud, I get bounced around a lot on my Sick Day 110s - they are not super stiff torsionally or otherwise. But my husband does fine on his SFBs in the same conditions, just because he's a more confident, fall line skier.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Several years ago I decided I wanted a ~90mm ski. I had made a run on Bushwackers the season before so tried them again but it didn't click. Then I tried the Line Prophet 90 and it didn't click either. I was then encouraged to try the Nordica Steadfast. Everything about it, except the terminally boring graphics, made me grin so I bought it. I could have tried a lot more skis in that category but I had found one that made me happy so why waste time trying more. And I still love that ski. Line makes good skis, she likes this ski, what more needs to be said.

Sponsor

Staff online