• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Shuffled the decks.. to make room for the one I've been looking for a long, long time..

Left to right, top to bottom:
Top shelf:
Alva Eddie Reatagui w Venture trucks and Santa Cruz Speedwheel Vert 97a circa 1989
Alva Santa Monica Cross with Gull Wing trucks and Kryptonics CSI 64 circa 1982
Powell Peralta Lance Mountain Mini with Gull Wing trucks and Sims B-52s circa 1984
Alva 77 Blue with Gull Wing Pro and OJ wheels
Unknown 29" solid oak slight kick with Track Force trucks and wheels.
G&S Warptail with Tracker Midtracks and Kryptonics 65mm circa 1975-80
G&S Kicktail with Tracker Midtrack Ultra Lite and OJs (first edition?) circa 1975 (Trucks later 70s)
Banzai Hustler with ACS 500 trucks and California Smokers circa 1976

Top shelf center:
Logan Earth Ski Bruce Logan Pro with Slalom Pro trucks and Road Rider 4 circa 1974

Bottom row left:

Powell Peralta Lance Mountain Mini with Gull Wing Pro and Sims B-52 wheels.
Powell Peralta Rodney Mullen Chess Player re issue with Indys and 53mm 97a blank skate wheels

Bottom center:
Alva 77 Reissue with Destructo trucks and Kryptonics 60 78a reissue circa reissue
Mode Terry Sinnott Freestyle deck with Bullet trucks and 53mm 97A skate wheels
Moose 39" Zeppelin with Blank Reverse 180s and Blank 78a cruiser wheels-circa 2010
Alva Power Station Project Pool Tool with Gullwing trucks and Rat Bones 90a circa 2016-never ridden

Bottom row right:
Winner's Circle Slalom Deck ("Winner's Circle Skateboards, Raleigh, NC) with California Slalon trucks and Kryptonics 70mm dark green wheels-got this because it looks like a piece of Raleigh NC skateboarding history!
MPI 26" Fibreflex clone inverted, wheel base extended, with Blank Midtracks and Tunnel Rocks reissue wheels circa late 70s(deck) - trucks and wheels present reissues

Skate Quiver 2-16-2017.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So, I found a way to redo the faded and shredded graphics on the bottom of the Alva 77 blue. SoCal skate shop sells scraps from the die cut grip tape they use on the reissue decks. I ordered a set for $4.00 and it was a pretty close match.. I sprayed it blue then applied it carefully over what was left of the original paint. It will come off carefully but I think I will leave it.. Did peel it back and move the a a little farther right of the v after shooting this photo..

WP_20170218_001.jpg

Here's an original in better condition, not mine.. Pretty close eh??
images

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Finally, an All Things Alva Tribute! First two on the left are re-issue, but Tri Logo is signed! Rest are OG legit.

Got a couple G&S, couple Powell Peralta, Logan Earth Ski, Banzai aluminum, and a couple old school early 70s shop decks scattered around the room too.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^You could probably get a moonwalk going with a little more effort!

rizcorpl

Booting up
Skier
A few quick fire station carves from several years ago on a Loaded Dervish with Parish trucks and Orangutan Heat wheels.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lowes dropped off 5 sheets of plywood and 12 studs today. Here's what I did with them..

Took about 2 hours. Need to finish the top platform and fill in more brace studs. Ran out of daylight and wood screw washers. More hardware on the way. I guess I'll need a piece of PVC for coping at the top of the new wood quarter too.

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Lowes dropped off 5 sheets of plywood and 12 studs today. Here's what I did with them..

Took about 2 hours. Need to finish the top platform and fill in more brace studs. Ran out of daylight and wood screw washers. More hardware on the way. I guess I'll need a piece of PVC for coping at the top of the new wood quarter too.

Hoping for no slivers

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I lIved in SOCAL and the skate culture was really apart of life. I only tried skateboarding once but i love Tony Hawke and Doggtown Zboys is one of my favorite movies. My old hairstylist in seal beach used to ride his board to work ever day whch i thought epitomized the whole socal lifestyle.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I lIved in SOCAL and the skate culture was really apart of life. I only tried skateboarding once but i love Tony Hawke and Doggtown Zboys is one of my favorite movies. My old hairstylist in seal beach used to ride his board to work ever day whch i thought epitomized the whole socal lifestyle.

I thought it was sitting in traffic? :huh: ;)

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Mini ramp is finished. Spent about 5 minutes pushing around it too exhausted from the painting, leveling, and other yard work to feel sound enough to do much but a couple low kick turns. Will need to work up the nerve to drop in. Shouldn't be too hard, not even vert. Had no trouble hitting the top with a better run at the quarter last summer. Haven't pumped a half pipe in several years though so it may take a little time to get my balance back good enough to have fun in it.

Studs across the middle of the platform have hinges on one end and a lock on the other. Gotta take a reasonable measure to prevent neighborhood kids from taking liberties when we're not home.. attractive nuisance so it could get us sued if we just left it wide open for anyone to skate and someone got hurt. Nothing all that dangerous though, small and no vert..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Also got a new Stix.. Schmidtt Stix 1987 Lopes BBQ (re issue but with old school trucks and no visible re issue markings??). Gullwing Pro IIIs and Mini Logo 60 mmm 101a.

I have white rails ordered, but not sure I will put them on. Don't want to cover the grapics, red shoes on Joe, etc.. But, if I decide to actually skate it I will add the rails before taking it on the mini ramp or any park features..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
OK after several days of skating this I'm now fairly comfortable dropping in to it. However, putting 3 wheels out is way more sketchy than it was with the quarter in the street. There in the street I could carve the turn and didn't have to be coming back down completely straight with room to go wider at the bottom. Here in the half pipe set up I have to execute an absolutely FULL 180 at the top, with half the truck already over the coping that throws both back wheels out in to a slight version of a disaster. This set up is a good one for me... sketchy enough to where I have to bail on about 50% of the attempts, but mellow enough for an olf fart like me to get a good run in here and there without too many consequences for failure hahaha..

I have a new deck on the way, will be a wall hanger. @Frankly will recognize it. I think I just got myself banned from the forum where the brand is based. Those guys are way to anal and uptight hahaha. I told some busy body who didn't like my collections post asked me to remove it to ban me and remove it himself if he's a moderator or mind his own business if he isn't a moderator. I guess that place isn't for me. Too many unwritten rules there.. like a locals only beach with some dude in England calling me out hahahaha..

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Haha yeah expectations are that we we somehow can skate better 35 years after because the overall level of skating has increased over time as well. If only if worked that way. But it's more like bikini models... I get older but they always stay the same age. My skating level has devolved to that of a timid 6-year old.

Yeah Bulldog skates is more a bunch of porky old collectors and a handful of riders. I only have the one fat pig board not out of loyalty but because it was one of the largest production 4-wheelers for my size 17 feet.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Why they call it the "Bigfoot"!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
On the other end of the size spectrum. Just finished setting up this little Z-Flex "Jimmy Plummer" which has no real resemblance to the original Jimmy Plummer in materias or construction. I prefer to call it a tribute deck. Mini cruiser 17" with Venture trucks and Penny 78a wheels. The purple color of the wheels looks a lot closer to the trim on the deck IRL. Photo makes the wheels look more blue.

Should be fun to kick around the block on though..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Shogo Kubo Pineapple Bomb, signs by artist Wes Humpston Dogtown Skates and Bulldog Skates

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Shogo Kubo Pineapple Bomb, signs by artist Wes Humpston Dogtown Skates and Bulldog Skates

Makes you wonder how long a deck lasts someone like Shogo Kubo... those guys skated pretty hard everyday for years, I'm guessing they broke one at least once a week?

Sponsor

Staff online