• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
She's here. Loves her new family!

LoganEarthSki.jpg

Skate Quiver 2016.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Couple of upgrades, mostly period correct stickers on the genuine 70s and 80s gear. I do have an Alva Power Station Pool King deck on the way with Rat Bones re issues. I also got some Gullwing SuperPro III black trucks for the Santa Monica Cross. Will use the newer raw Gullwings on the Pool King when it arrives..

Getting lime green grip tape for the top. This thing's gonna be purdy! Might not even skate it, might just hang it and keep it mint..

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^NIce!

G&S Warptail with MidTracks and OJs.. actually but green Kryptonic 65s on it now..

Powell Peralta Lance Mountain Mini with Gull Wings and Sims B-52s

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I prefer to keep at least one wheel on the ground at all times..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So you'll be ordering the carving bushings then, eh.
For the long board with reverse king and wedges yes. Period correct clouds or same brand as trucks for old school retro gear.
Those springs look like a great way to add slop to your road and turning connection, change your kingpin angle adversely, etc.. Nice for pogo stick tricks though..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
OK, played around with the quiver some.

Left to right, top to bottom:
Top shelf:
Alva Eddie Reatagui w Venture trucks and Santa Cruz Speedwheel Vert 97a circa 1989
Alva Santa Monica Cross with Gull Wing trucks and Kryptonics CSI 64 circa 1982
Powell Peralta Lance Mountain Mini with Gull Wing trucks and Sims B-52s circa 1984
G&S Warptail with Tracker Midtracks and Kryptonics 65mm circa 1975-80
Logan Earth Ski Bruce Logan Pro with Slalom Pro trucks and Road Rider 4 circa 1974
G&S Kicktail with Tracker Midtrack Ultra Lite and OJs (first edition?) circa 1975 (Trucks later 70s)
Banzai Hustler with ACS 500 trucks and California Smokers circa 1976
Top shelf bottom center:
Unknown 29" solid oak slight kick with California Slalom trucks and Krypto red wheels circa late 70s-mid 80s

Bottom row left:
Element 27X7.5 with Venture trucks and Spitfire wheels circa late 90s
Mode Terry Sinnott Freestyle deck with Bullet trucks and Powell Peralta 78a

Bottom center:
Alva 77 Reissue with Dextructo trucks and Kryptonics 60 78a reissue circa reissue
Alva Power Station Project Pool Tool with Gullwing trucks and Rat Bones 90a circa 2016-never ridden
Moose 39" Zeppelin with Blank Reverse 180s and Blank 78a cruiser wheels-circa 2010

Bottom row right:
Winner's Circle Slalom Deck ("Winner's Circle Skateboards, Raleigh, NC) with Track Force trucks and wheels circa mid 70s-got this because it looks like a piece of Raleigh NC skateboarding history!
MPI 26" Fibreflex clone inverted, wheel base extended, with Blank Midtracks and Tunnel Rocks reissue wheels circa late 70s-present.

WP_20170126_003.jpg

Last edited:

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
1977 at Darrien Lake Skatepark in Pembroke, NY ~ it was a really nice park except in the 80s they blacktopped it for rollerblading.

Torger Johnson Logan Earth Ski with Tracker trucks and 70mm Kryptonics

I sold a Sims Taperkick to Jeff Ahmet of Pearl Jam for $600, I also unloaded two Logans and a Sims Slalom, a few long boards.

Religiously read Skateboarder 75-78, rode a pool in Ontario, some slalom events, it wasn't very popular in Western NY except for the one experimental skate park they built at an amusement park. I went daily for two summers then one day I looked around and all the kids were 10 years old and I was 18 and they were kicking my butt. After 78 skateboarding really took off with the pros but before then it was cult like.

Now I ride a Bulldog BDS Pig, driveway only, the kids are 45, 50 years younger ;-p

Never really understood the whole Dogtown history and drama until the modern movies came out but always followed Alva, Jay Adams, etc. What a bunch of losers! But Stacey Peralta did well, I guess.

20140726_iphone_0317.JPG

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Whoa, that's a lot of lift. I looked at BDS for a little while but ultimately decided they were too pretty to actually skate. If I had wall space I might get one or two. I guess all that lift keeps her free of any possibility of wheel bite hahaha..

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Whoa, that's a lot of lift. I looked at BDS for a little while but ultimately decided they were too pretty to actually skate. If I had wall space I might get one or two. I guess all that lift keeps her free of any possibility of wheel bite hahaha..

Loose trucks make up for my tight a$$!

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My driveway is gravel but I do occasionally drag this out to the street..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Lance Mountain looked lonely so I invited his Powell Peralta buddy Rodney Mullen over. It's probably a re-issue but has old school bold pattern and comes with Indys and Mullen Freestyle wheels. Delivered for $90 woot woot!

I think I'll give up the Mode Terry Synnott Freestyle deck with Bullet trucks. OJIII Vert 97a are on a different deck now. It would come with older natural OJIIs

Any interest here?

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Moved the Cali Slalom trucks and got some 2nd G Kryptonics dark green for the mid 70s Winner's Circle (Raleigh, NC) deck. She rides and turns pretty sweet..

16508209_1564159850266214_3948396476844587467_n.jpg

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Another soul survivor and hard to find Alva 77 blue with Gull Wing Pro and OJs. Those Gull Wings were the last smaller ones made before the pig era. They extended a few of these before going to the Super Pros. Stickers will be almost identical to the ones on the re-issue but with a red and blue OJ Wheels over the bare spot where I removed a Canadian Skate Park sticker that was barely visible.
Alva Deck 1.jpg
Alva Deck 2.jpg

Sponsor