• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Here's some pics of slalom skateboard racing. One from 1978 and two more recent. I haven't been on a skateboard in a few years after pulverizing my shoulder in a race at Hood River Oregon.

Pat-Salem-2007.jpg
patskate.jpg
PICT0028-resize.JPG

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I built my first skateboard out of a poplar plank and a pair of sidewalk skates some time circa 1962, before there were any store-bought boards available in Denver. I remember changing directions quickly was kinda sporty because the steel wheels were kinda slippery on the sidewalk. My brother's board got away from him on a corner and shot out into the street where a car pancaked it.

I did a bit of skateboarding back in the mid-60s. But I recently was sent a screen grab photo from even earlier times. I have two older brothers and they did a lot of backyard engineering with toys and such and they used me as a test subject/victim with some of their experiments.
This is me approx. age 5 testing a franken-board in 1958 or 59. The photo was taken at a US Navy Base in Morocco where our dad was stationed at the time. View attachment 102963

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I did a bit of skateboarding back in the mid-60s. But I recently was sent a screen grab photo from even earlier times. I have two older brothers and they did a lot of backyard engineering with toys and such and they used me as a test subject/victim with some of their experiments.
This is me approx. age 5 testing a franken-board in 1958 or 59. The photo was taken at a US Navy Base in Morocco where our dad was stationed at the time. View attachment 102963

[

QUOTE="pchewn, post: 486126, member: 1572"]
Here's some pics of slalom skateboard racing. One from 1978 and two more recent. I haven't been on a skateboard in a few years after pulverizing my shoulder in a race at Hood River Oregon.

View attachment 102970 View attachment 102971 View attachment 102972
[/QUOTE]

These are classic!:hail:

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
One of my stepson’s recent vids. Still a crime though.

Reactions: Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
I'm so glad my kids don't do all the crazy crap I did.:roflmao:

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The most illegal thing about it was where we got the wood for the ramps.. Statute of limitations FTW!

Sponsor