• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sizing help please!! Present for my hubby

Wife2skierdude

Booting up
Skier
I am NOT a skier. But my husband is. He really wants some Black Crow Camox skis. I want to surprise him with some but I am confused on what size to get. He mentioned to me that he wants them in 183 but the 178 would be fine. I found a some on sale in 181.. I am assuming those will work since it's between the numbers he mentioned? Can someone let me know? I know it's a stupid question but they are rather expensive and I am not certain what those numbers even stand for so I wanted advice before I spend $600 on something.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That should be fine BUT I have two questions
a) was he talking about ski sizing in general or in the context of that specific ski?
b) are you getting these from an outlet with a
return policy, like a B&m shop or REI ?

TS
W

Wife2skierdude

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the reply.

Yes he was talking about those particular skis with that sizing.

And yes there is a good return policy. So I guess worst case scenario he returns them and we get the size he wants.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not being super familiar with the Black Crow Camox line up, are there different skis in that line?
I see the Freebird in 178 at Backcountry.com
On another site it looks like the size runs from 178-183. Not seeing a 181.
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 12.15.01 PM.png

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The Camox Freebird is the touring version of the Camox...comes in the 178 and 183. The regular Camox is considered “all-mountain”, and comes in a 181.

@Wife2skierdude - ^ which one he wants is an important detail.

Yes, they are different skis. The Freebird versions are generally lighter and IIRC made in Austria at the Atomic factory. The non freebird versions are made in Slovenia.

The Freebird versions use different woods in the core (lighter) and carbon in the layup. It is a really nice ski. I own the Navis Freebird and love it. Its a bit wider and stiffer than the Camox which is something I wanted since I am tall and not light.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January