• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sisters Stampede 2019

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Starts at 9:06.

7C827D55-0FCB-4AAD-A2C2-CE6610DEF392.jpeg

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mid course selfie with my sister right after I tried to endo. A little blood. Finished, happy, drinking beer. Will post more later.

D44D1FA4-F498-413F-B038-3C70EF621ACB.jpeg
60505FBC-6AA5-41B6-8B5F-E9133B3E900F.jpeg

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry for the non-detailed posts earlier, I was posting from my phone on the go. Race day started out cold and rainy but both my sister and I were ready for it. Sis hasn’t done any sort of organized athletic event as an adult so I was proud to support her when she said she wanted to do it. She just started mountain biking but doesn’t get on trails much. She’s more fit than I am (damn law school) but I’m more confident technically. We stayed mostly together or within sight of each other for the 14 mile novice race. I had one mishap when I looked back to make sure she’d made it through a technical downhill section and had a major pedal strike that nearly threw me over the handlebars. I have at least 2 bruises on my leg, the pictures scrapes above, and I think a bruise to my abdomen developing. In the end we were not last although we came in at the tail end. We had an absolute blast and our parents, her hubby and son, and her in-laws were at the finish to cheer us in which was super special. My 72 year old dad did the the longer 28 mile race. So much fun.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Yeah Dad!! I finally figured out you're sunglasses are upside down. Geez....Trying to figure out what new spec's you were using...

Anything with family is special. More special when it's not a death gathering...

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, they’re upside down. My new helmet has channels built into the vents for this specifically. Unfortunately, the shades fogged up and never cleared so they stayed up there most of the race. Thankfully it stopped raining but remained cloudy so not an issue.

Sponsor

Staff online