• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Single Speed to a One-by.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We did a 10 mile ride on some new terrain, much of which was rocky and bumpy. Phil did great on the Attitude. I'm afraid to ride with him when he gets a new bike. I won't be able to catch him at all. Even now, I can't stay with him on a ride.
View attachment 49744
I will say that the Attitude held it's own on this ride. I did drop the chain twice on the ride because of not having a narrow wide chain ring on the front, Iplan onl order one once I decide if I want to stay 32T or drop to 30T, I am leaning towards the latter.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
once I decide if I want to stay 32T or drop to 30T, I am leaning towards the latter.

Don't let testosterone influence your choice here. I ride a 28 proudly and I'm still fast. :D

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
> You guys in for the Moab gathering?

We've talked about it. The summer is getting away from us.

Thinking that it would be a 2019 thing if we actually do it.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Don't let testosterone influence your choice here. I ride a 28 proudly and I'm still fast. :D
The limitation of the front is only being able to do a 32T in the back

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
I did drop the chain twice on the ride because of not having a narrow wide chain ring on the front, Iplan onl order one once I decide if I want to stay 32T or...

I'm not too sure a narrow wide (my phone tried to auto correct that to 'narrow wife') will matter if you do not have a clutch style rear derrailleur.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not too sure a narrow wide (my phone tried to auto correct that to 'narrow wife') will matter if you do not have a clutch style rear derrailleur.

If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk to go with it.

$400 to repair our dishwasher? Don't think so. Time to start shopping.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Since I was unsure of the finial outcome with the set up, I had left the chain a little long, once I set it to the right length, it has been money and have not dropped the chain once. The 32/32 low is about as low as I think I can go, I couldn't find a 7 speed HG that had a bigger ring and I don't think I can go lower in the front because the chain is just touching the crank arms now. No worries, the experiment was a success and the bike will go where ever I need it too, any tougher terrain, I will be on a new, yet to be determined, bike.

Sponsor

Staff online