• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
No changes and they are selling well. You are correct, they are killer skis.

Wait, I thought the JJ was getting revamped for next season?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The 2018 Head Kore skis don't actually have a top sheet and hence the muted graphics.

I was skiing a demo Kore 93 the other day during a snow storm with 25cm of cut up snow that fell the day before. The temps were just below freezing but the snow was still fairly dry. However snow stuck to the top of the ski in a thick coating. It kinda defeated the super light weight feature of these skis, so hopefully Head has some sort of solution or I might have to wax both sides of my Kore 93s that I will be buying next season :D. Actually I am seriously thinking that an Armourall or car polish type product might work on the top surface.:huh:
Tried all these, no luck.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was skiing a demo Kore 93 (and) snow stuck to the top of the ski in a thick coating.

Dupont Snow and Ice Repellent. Works great on snow blowers and shovels, too!

YolkyPalky

Old-School "Skinny Ski" Bump Skier
Skier
I was skiing a demo Kore 93....(and)...snow stuck to the top of the ski in a thick coating.

Isn't that kind of like saying I was surfing and my surfboard got wet lol?

All skis I've ever owned at certain temps, snow types, etc. had snow stick to the tops, that's when you use one ski to "slice" it off the top of the other ski while riding the chairlift!

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
@Tricia & @Philpug - Any update on the comparison of the 2019 DPS Foundation 82 (women's) and the Alchemist Cassiar 79? There's quite the price difference so am wondering how different they ski.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia & @Philpug - Any update on the comparison of the 2019 DPS Foundation 82 (women's) and the Alchemist Cassiar 79? There's quite the price difference so am wondering how different they ski.
They are both brand new skis for the coming season. They ski dramatically different, the Alchemist is stronger with more precision and the Foundation is a more HP recreational ski. No different than any other brand offering a technical ski and all mountain ski.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I don't understand renaming the Aura. They've been using that name for ever. You think Blizzard would kill the Black Pearl name? I doubt it!

Snowcat

Booting up
Skier
Not sure exactly where to post this but will try here. Will any of these skis change for 2018-19 or will they be NGT only?

- Pinnacle 88
- Enforcer 93
- Navigator 85
- Navigator 90
- Vantage 90 CTi

I haven't heard of any new changes but there's some implication that maybe the P88 will be beefed up?

Thanks!

Sponsor

Staff online