• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
View attachment 38303

@Eric Edelstein on the hill today with the new DPS foundations

Stay tuned for reviews of the 1018-2019 Cassiar Foundation 82 and 87 from an East coast perspective....we've had some superb porcelain-coated concrete surfaces here in Vermont for many days of testing to reveal the true personalities and capabilities of these $799 msrp offerings from DPS. We also have some soft-snow observations to share as well.

We are curious to hear what people think about these skis from the SIA Demo Days out west.

YolkyPalky

Old-School "Skinny Ski" Bump Skier
Skier
Hi Phil,

From your live video when you were at the Head booth, regarding the SuperShape series, I believe you said "New Graphic Technology" when mentioning them. Is that basically a fancy way of saying no real changes to the line for 2019 except for what looks like more color splash on the ski? Thanks!

YolkyPalky

Skier
I thought he said Graphene....guess I'll watch again.

I was going to ask in my post if he said "Graphene or Graphic", certainly Graphene would make sense, although it's not really new anymore. But I think I heard "Graphic", probably a nice way of saying nothing new here except the topsheet design, which would make sense with the "Why fix what isn't broken" line that followed.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I was going to ask in my post if he said "Graphene or Graphic", certainly Graphene would make sense, although it's not really new anymore. But I think I heard "Graphic", probably a nice way of saying nothing new here except the topsheet design, which would make sense with the "Why fix what isn't broken" line that followed.

The 2018 Head Kore skis don't actually have a top sheet and hence the muted graphics.

I was skiing a demo Kore 93 the other day during a snow storm with 25cm of cut up snow that fell the day before. The temps were just below freezing but the snow was still fairly dry. However snow stuck to the top of the ski in a thick coating. It kinda defeated the super light weight feature of these skis, so hopefully Head has some sort of solution or I might have to wax both sides of my Kore 93s that I will be buying next season :D. Actually I am seriously thinking that an Armourall or car polish type product might work on the top surface.:huh:

YolkyPalky

Skier
The 2018 Head Kore skis don't actually have a top sheet and hence the muted graphics.

I was skiing a demo Kore 93 the other day during a snow storm with 25cm of cut up snow that fell the day before. The temps were just below freezing but the snow was still fairly dry. However snow stuck to the top of the ski in a thick coating. It kinda defeated the super light weight feature of these skis, so hopefully Head has some sort of solution or I might have to wax both sides of my Kore 93s that I will be buying next season :D. Actually I am seriously thinking that an Armourall or car polish type product might work on the top surface.:huh:

Good point about the Kore, but we were talking about the SuperShape line, referencing Phil's comments about the 2019 SuperShapes.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
question re: the New cassiar 82 vs Old
Is it stiffer?
is it $600 better than the old one?

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier

Interesting observation. Anyone else had a problem with this?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Stay tuned for reviews of the 1018-2019 Cassiar Foundation 82 and 87 from an East coast perspective....we've had some superb porcelain-coated concrete surfaces here in Vermont for many days of testing to reveal the true personalities and capabilities of these $799 msrp offerings from DPS. We also have some soft-snow observations to share as well.

We are curious to hear what people think about these skis from the SIA Demo Days out west.
I've been on the 87s several times so far this year and think DPS has done a great job slotting between the 82 and the new 94. As an advanced intermediate I appreciate that the ski isn't overly demanding when you do something wrong but really lights up when you do it right. Very capable in a variety of conditions.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Now that I think of it, I have skied both the Head Kore 105 and Kore 93 in light dry snow with little or no snow top surface build up. So I am thinking that it was just as specific air and snow temp combination that resulted in the snow sticking to the skis.:huh:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
question re: the New cassiar 82 vs Old
Is it stiffer?
is it $600 better than the old one?
Yes and yes. The outgoing F82 is a nice ski....lets just say it has a good personality. The new one is muuuch beefier and more serious.

epicentre

Putting on skis
Skier
Were there any changes to the Armada lineup besides NGT, specifically the Invictus and Tracer series? Any word on how they're selling, because they're some fine skis.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Were there any changes to the Armada lineup besides NGT, specifically the Invictus and Tracer series? Any word on how they're selling, because they're some fine skis.
No changes and they are selling well. You are correct, they are killer skis.