• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SIA 2016: Reports from the Floor

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Two is the correct number: Early season "rock" 84 and in-season 84.

You really should have known.

HA! My other 84 is an FX, which won't be a rock ski yet — not at that price. (I got a deal, but it was more than the full retail of the new Enforcers.)

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
Rossignol-SIA-16-2.jpg

New Graphics Technology, or are there any structural changes/improvements to report on the Rossi Experience lineup??

Thanks!

Tim Hedin

Skiboot RX
Industry Insider
I looked all over, but can't seem to find the answer. And out of all the forums I visit, the biggest boot freaks are here. So the question:

Is Nordica continuing with the Ace lineup, or do I need to start rat holing them now in anticipation? I may grab a pair because they are cheap as hell at Evo. And my fitter (one of the 2 i trust in Portland) works at Evo.

Tim Hedin

Skiboot RX
Industry Insider
I looked all over, but can't seem to find the answer. And out of all the forums I visit, the biggest boot freaks are here. So the question:

Is Nordica continuing with the Ace lineup, or do I need to start rat holing them now in anticipation? I may grab a pair because they are cheap as hell at Evo. And my fitter (one of the 2 i trust in Portland) works at Evo.
Start grabbing

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier

Sorry for the thread drift, but since I am in PDX, who do you recommend as a boot fitter in town?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, no metal flipcores in the women line, so the prototypical 160 Aura skier is still SOL.
Monster 98 in a 163, would that work?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
So, no metal flipcores in the women line, so the prototypical 160 Aura skier is still SOL.

166 Brahma skis pretty short.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
that's what I kind of suggested, are any demos around? Tough to find mens ski demos in that size though.
You will not find that in a demo, let alone a shop that will stock it. It will have to be a leap of faith or an order.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can't the Aura skier buy Auras?
I think she wants a cambered ski...it was mentioned a while back, either in this thread or another.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does come short enough....158 for the MX88. But there are few more loyal out there to Aura/Mantra lovers especially if they ski at Squaw, to try to convince them that anything less than 98mm is acceptable it very tough..near impossible.

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
N.G.T. on the Rossi Experience lineup, or structural changes?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
N.G.T. on the Rossi Experience lineup, or structural changes?
Structural. Smoother and stronger but still like to lock into a turn.

Sponsor

Staff online