• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SIA 2016: Reports from the Floor

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The SIA people- I hope you taking good notes at the demo sessions. !

Yes, how many of you actually went to SIA? ...and how come I can't play?

I took Amtrak to Denver from Omaha a couple years ago - traveled at night and when I awakened I was in Denver and walked to SIA from the train station.

Had to fly when it was in Las Vegas, but airfare to Vegas was really inexpensive. Stayed at the hotel that looked like a castle - really average rooms but super cheap! Oh yeah, now I remember: Excalibur. Basically just a place to sleep.

I walked so much at SIA that I had blisters on my feet.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I hope they post at least a quick snippet of their favorites and their not-so-favorites before writing their in-depth reviews :D

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are took good notes. We are currently going through an extensive debriefing session at Condo De Brown over lasagna. There are some surprises, some skis that are living up to exceptions and a few that we are trying to decipher who the ski is for...and actually figuring most of them out.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
De briefing...

IMG_0538.JPG

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Eric_PNW

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Very nice camber in the Salomon QST line.
The entire QST line up has a different shape and flex than the previous Q series. I'm pretty stoked to get out and try them.
full

And..did I mention the awesome color choices in Salomon Bindings?
image-jpg.3217
Curious what the specs of the new QST line are?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
I looked all over, but can't seem to find the answer. And out of all the forums I visit, the biggest boot freaks are here. So the question:

Is Nordica continuing with the Ace lineup, or do I need to start rat holing them now in anticipation? I may grab a pair because they are cheap as hell at Evo. And my fitter (one of the 2 i trust in Portland) works at Evo.

Sponsor

Staff online