• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Showing a little bit of maturity ;-)

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
After nearly 20 years of riding with Speedplay frogs, I put flat pedals on the GT today.

Acknowledgement that I'm just not as fast of foot as I was.

Like skiing, "You get old if you quit riding, you don't quit riding because you get old".

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
After nearly 20 years of riding with Speedplay frogs, I put flat pedals on the GT today.

Acknowledgement that I'm just not as fast of foot as I was.

Like skiing, "You get old if you quit riding, you don't quit riding because you get old".
I'm finding I like flats on my MB. Had an accident last year that would have been a LOT worse if I'd been clipped. But for road I still like clips.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
People keep telling me age is just a number...so new hockey skates this year and clipless pedals stay on the bikes!! Oh, and punk kid who sold me my Graf 705's 15 years ago and told me they'd probably be my last pair of skates, FRICK YOU!!! :roflmao:

TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I'm finding I like flats on my MB. Had an accident last year that would have been a LOT worse if I'd been clipped. But for road I still like clips.

I'm at crossed thoughts on whether to remove the shoe hardware for the Frogs and put in the blank cover, or just keep the hardware installed.

It only takes a few minutes to change out the pedals, the shoes take longer for the conversion.

Most of my riding is "back roads", gravel bike stuff, So I'm leaning towards keeping the clipless option.

Maybe when the mud dries up, the flat pedals won't seem so significant.

TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
People keep telling me age is just a number...so new hockey skates this year and clipless pedals stay on the bikes!! Oh, and punk kid who sold me my Graf 705's 15 years ago and told me they'd probably be my last pair of skates, FRICK YOU!!! :roflmao:

I'm still gliding on Bauer Pro 90 . Skating big circles a couple dozen times a year won't break them down in my life time.

But I'm going to try! Those new fangled plastic boots look the bomb! ;-)

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Shimano Click'R pedals with the multi directional cleats are very easy to get in and out of.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shimano Click'R pedals with the multi directional cleats are very easy to get in and out of.

Yup.

It's almost like SPD Multi-Release Cleats (SH-56, as opposed to the normal SH-51) are some kind of State secret or something.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Not only are the cleats cool, but the Click'R pedal unit makes clicking in incredibly easy - almost like there was a magnet on it. The receive tilts up on a spring, so you just slide right into it.