• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Show us your hamburger!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
May 28th is Hamburger Day
I have some quality ground beef ready to throw on the grill and some ideas on how I want to make it interesting.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)

Quote of the day:
Man who invented the hamburger was smart; Man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius.

Matthew McConaughey

James

Out There
Instructor
You grill them with the cover closed or open?

maverick2

The 1st 50 yrs are practice - we score the 2nd 50.
Skier
What kind of grill??? If it's a ceramic grill, here's my routine: form your patties, season w/ salt and pepper, and then put back in the fridge. Start your grill, and as soon as the acrid smoke is gone, restrict air flow to keep the temps as low as you can for a bit, throw on your favorite wood chunks for smoke, and throw the patties on the grill over a deflector plate and let them sit there for a while to soak up some smoke. (Keeping the patties in the fridge allows them to stay on the grill a little longer and pick up a little more smoke flavor.) As soon as they look like the outside is starting to cook, pull the patties off, let them rest on the kitchen counter, remove the deflector plate, and crank up the grill temp to 500+ degrees. When you've got the temp the way you want, throw the patties back on for a couple minutes on each side to get to medium rare, remove, let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes, and serve. If you're starting with good beef, this is pretty hard to beat -- smoky and seared.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
May 28th....lets see some actual burgers.

Zrxman01

Out on the slopes
Skier
It’s raining here today so I may not be firing up the grill.
For your perusal however....
May I present the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas?!?
9B578002-489C-48FE-8C7D-C784B9780A83.jpeg

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I mix up the ground beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder and many chunks of gorgonzola cheese and then make patties.

Sister and brother in law invited themselves for a "cookout" Sunday. I am going to grill burgers and dogs so we don't have to sit around the table but can remain socially distant in the yard.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Aberdeen Angus Quarter Pounder with Brie and Guacamole, red onion, wholegrain mustard on an toasted English muffin. Cumberland sausage on the side.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I didn't see this thread until I finished dinner. So no photo, start with 80/20 ground beef, anything with less fat is too dry. Add very little garlic powder and grill, top with two slices of yellow American cheese. Also to be cooked on the grill two slices of pork roll or as some people call it Taylor Ham and stack all three on a roll. Some folks call it a Jersey Burger I just call it delicious.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oops, just finished eating them then I found this tread. Grass feed organic beef 85% lean. Yum. Birthday burgers for my honey.
Happy birthday to your honey!

Sponsor