• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Show us your hamburger!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Looks great, but I have chest pains just looking at it. Ha Ha.
PS.. I like the way that the cook has the cheese set up. I do the same, just rotate the slice so that all 8 corners meltdown on to the burger.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, I thought I was the only one that cooks the second side less than the first. It is that great grilling people know that when the lid of the grill is closed the top of the burgers cook as well. Keep up the good work.

I used to lift the lid constantly and flip multiple times before I picked up that tip. Now I set my timer on my watch and let them be other than flipping once and adding cheese at the end.

Nancy970

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Filet mignon burger at the (now closed) French place down the way. I seriously hope they reopen!! Sorry, no pictures. We are it all. :0

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OOPS!
We had @AKMINK over for burgers and I was so hungry after smelling it on the grill I was 3/4 of the way through eating it before I realized I was supposed to take a picture and post it.

Sorry for the mostly eaten image, but it was soooooo good.
90/10 Ground beef, medium rare, seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, topped with grilled mushrooms and creamy tarragon sauce (home made by Phil), on a fresh Kaiser Roll.
I ended up eating with a fork on 1/2 Kaiser roll because it was so big!
IMG_3295.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
OOPS!
We had @AKMINK over for burgers and I was so hungry after smelling it on the grill I was 3/4 of the way through eating it before I realized I was supposed to take a picture and post it.

Sorry for the mostly eaten image, but it was soooooo good.
90/10 Ground beef, medium rare, seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, topped with grilled mushrooms and creamy tarragon sauce (home made by Phil), on a fresh Kaiser Roll.
I ended up eating with a fork on 1/2 Kaiser roll because it was so big!
View attachment 103536
That looks like it started as a half pound of hamburger meat. No wonder you had to use a knife and fork.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That looks like it started as a half pound of hamburger meat. No wonder you had to use a knife and fork.
It was pretty thick. Definitely more than 1/4 lb.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My first thought reading the title was, I’m not going to take out my skateboard have a bad fall just to show my hamburger and then it dawned on me.....oh, food, not road rash:ogbiggrin:

There is humor in everything.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So help me settle a family debate... cheese on bottom or on top?
Both! Here's mine from yesterday... I like it simple. 80/20 beef cooked in a cast iron skillet, cheese (on top and under the burger), bacon, ketchup, potato bun.

20200531_173443.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There's an actual Wikihow about eating a burger. :rolleyes:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
22AFB7BC-72A2-4FC4-853A-DC1098BFCBA6_1_105_c.jpeg

[that should be video... no time to fix, just wait...]

James

Out There
Instructor
^ That relys on a bun that holds together. Many “fancy” burgers fail badly when they use brioche buns that fall apart after two bites.

Sponsor

Staff online