• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
What do you use when you play beer pong?
1588255411105.png

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Can't recall ever having a goggle tan maybe because will pull off goggles at times riding up lifts so it evens out. My face has a good overall tan now because have been street walking sans hat often during this shelter in place order. Sunny tomorrow plan to visit an obscure coastal beach for the first time this year for some stone photography and likely with hotter weather coming, will get some full body sun afterwards. Note most of our publicly accessible coastal shores are closed now however there are non park locations for the map savvy.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No goggle tan for many years, due to severe damage when young, but I do take pride in my farmer's tan from gardening and dog walking/summer hiking - not something I would ever allow a photo of, however

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
hope that turned out better for your than it did fo the girl who called in sick to go skiing with me and then showed up with her goggle tan next day

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When my son was young he was always a bit cold and wore a full face mask. Then one time at Crested Butte he took it off (hey, Colorado is warmer than Vermont -- go figure). I was so used to his habits that I didn't think about it and he got a horrible goggle sunburn. I got in big trouble when we got home. The dermatologist said "Yeah, it happens. Try not to do it again" and spent the rest of the visit talking to him about the skiing.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Ski season ended before the sun came out in Michigan.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We are pretty good with suntan lotions. Twice a day during the winter months. Usually we do not pick up much color to mid March. From mid-march onward, we usually apply suntan lotion four to six time per day. Still get pretty toasty. Spring skiing in April and May is hopeless.

Of the three of us, @A Grump picks up color most readily. Been like that since he was a kid.

This is him with his older cousins at Squaw when he was 6.

Scan15.jpg

Couple seasons back in mid March.

Andrew.jpg

3rd week in April at Chez Ziggy with @Rainbow Jenny . We were all pretty toasty skiing everyday. @A Grump even have a helmet from his hard ear helmet.

01.jpg

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice goggle tan, but @David Chaus ... are those your roses and boxwoods? Did you plant them and do you prune them yourself?
Sorry, no. This was at Peninsula Park Rose Garden in Portland, not as famous or as expansive as the Rose Test Garden at Washington Park, but better landscaped as far as I'm concerned.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
As noted, I haven't had a goggle tan for decades as will just pull up the goggles for a bit during solo lift rides while I relax closing my eyes and take a nap. At the moment have one of the deepest full face tans I've had in years from just walking streets for exercise during shelter in place. Will be head ready for beaches to open up in a couple weeks. Would post a pic were it not off topic.

Sponsor

Staff online