• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have a deposit on an EKKO for mid 2023 delivery, so I am interested hearing on how, @Guy in Shorts, your EKKO water system does when it gets real cold New England weather this winter. Mine when it arrives in time for the 2023-24 winter will be my 4-5 months live in ski chalet compete with 30amp plug-in and access to a septic tank with septic field set up about 18kms from Sun Peaks, B.C.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
We are running the propane heat set at 55 with and no problems so far. Wife will go out to the camper with the dog to take a nap. Burning thru a tank a week.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have had mine almost a month, just keeping the propane on at this point, but i do have a small heater for when it’s plugged in. Seems like running the fan to circulate should work but i haven’t done it yet.

This thing rocks! I even cooked Thanksgiving dinner in it.

Attachments

• 442CC15B-B1CF-41B1-8D0A-EBD21E04B6C1.jpeg
    442CC15B-B1CF-41B1-8D0A-EBD21E04B6C1.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 39
  • B0F0F805-FF11-4D2A-9AAF-5D0189EF1B42.jpeg
    B0F0F805-FF11-4D2A-9AAF-5D0189EF1B42.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 39

kayco53

Getting on the lift
Skier
@Jerez We have the older, square, version of this toilet. It is electric and we really like it.
Believe it or not you cannot smell anything in the van. Really.
Get the hold down with it.

Word of caution: When my wife and I were well into dating but not yet married, we were on our way up to ski and I hadn't converted the van to 4x4 yet and I knew if I stopped on the uphill grade I would never get going on the ice up hill again, but she had to go, so she sat down on the toilet and opened the bayonette slide in the toilet and there was, well, an explosion from the air in the waste cassette because we had gone from the valley to 6,000 feet.

I cleaned stuff off the headliner for a while. I got it clean. But it wasn't the most fun thing I have ever done that involved my wife.

@SBrown you might as well just suggest an ammo box for the solid waste (called a "groover" by rafters because it leaves a groove in your butt) and a pee bottle -- because it is a mortal sin to pee in the groover.

Speaking of pee bottles. I started using them on the Grand Canyon. My wife and I were just dating when we kayaked it with raft support. She said you have to bring a pee bottle for the tent and I said I can just walk down to the river, because I already knew that you couldn't pee on the ground at the camp sites because pee contains salt and salt brings mice and mice bring rattle snakes. And there are only a few camp sites on the river so everyone of the thousands of people going down the river will use the same camp sites that you have used.

She said, no, that's not the reason, its because the scorpions come out at night and you don't want to walk around at night with them around. And sure enough, every morning of the 243 miles there were little funny looking scorpion tracks criscrossing our camp site...

So, I have been using a pee bottle ever since. It saves the toilet mostly for my wife and for me when I have to do number 2 before I get to the resort.
Your not the only one who discovered do not open slide valve in Porta potti with lid open after driving up the mountain. Don't ask how I know!

Sponsor